Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest update for the Tab S7 Plus has slowed down my device.

(Topic created on: 24-09-2021 11:31 AM)
Mallone
Navigator
Options
I installed the latest update for the Tab S7 Plus yesterday afternoon and since then my tab has been intermittently lagging and the screen also becomes unresponsive. Is this just a "me" problem or a "we" problem?

I'm hoping that there's a quick fix for this because this is a pain.

Edit:

I've just installed the update. Here are the details of the update: 

Version: T970XXU2BUJ3 / T970OXM2BUJ3 
Size: 303.46 MB 
Security patch level: 1 Oct 2021 

This update has fixed the issues I was having.
64 REPLIES 64
Kittengirlsmom
First Poster
Options

Where did you get the update?

0 Likes
daace117
Apprentice
Options

Update; Just got the update in singapore. Mine is slightly smaller in size, and the code is BUJ3/ BUJ4/ BUI1

0 Likes
Mickaël Müller
Apprentice
Options

Just wanted to say that Samsung answered my messages and I am highly disappointed in the way they treated me. They kept telling me that it was a third-party app issue and that I had to go through a whole list of steps to try to solve the issue. Even after the XXXBUJ3 update had been released in the US and the problem solved, they kept denying the issue was on their part. The only apologies they gave me were for the inconveniences, but they never admitted their responsibility, nor they treated me with respect, more as a dummy. This highly affected the way I see Samsung as a company now, and I just wanted to mention it. Hope everyone is finally enjoying their investment now.

Mallone
Navigator
Options
I'm sorry to hear that mate. The fault was 100% on their end and it seems the person who dealt with you was absolutely clueless. Hopefully, someone at Samsung reads through these comments and takes the points you made into consideration in order to improve their customer service. I'm just happy that they fixed the problem because I was seriously considering switching to another manufacturer. Apple ruined my 1st gen iPad and I never went back to them and I likely would've done the same with Samsung.
0 Likes
Kyprianos
First Poster
Options

Hi!

I  am very disappointed by the network performance of my Samsung galaxy tab s7+ 5g, after the first 2023 update, getting worse and worse with successive updates.

The download speed in a perfectly 5g covered zone (100 meters from 5g antenna, without obstacles)  decreased from more than 500 Mbit/s in January 2023, to 180 Mbit/s now (January 2024).

AND I'm even more DISGUSTED by the drop down of the upload speed, from 150 Mbit/ s one year ago, to 5-7 Mbit/s at best now. A decrease in network performance by a factor 20-30.

The Samsung assistance is absolutely absent and useless: they suggested to reset network,  to try with another SIM card. Nothing changes. It's a scandal.

I will never buy a samsung product again: a device paid more than 1000 euros, performing worser than a 120€ Chinese smartphone !

0 Likes