14-09-2023 04:26 PM in
I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy tab S9 ultra.
It works fine ... however the "software update" setting is greyed out.
This never happened on my older Samsung galaxy tablets s4 or s7+.
What can I do to reactivate this very important setting?
14-09-2023 05:20 PM in
@Papy0 Have you tried resetting the Network Connections (General Management-Reset), safe Mode (to determine if 3rd party app is causing issue ) https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/
Another idea before a Factory Reset is to the wipe the cache partition, this deletes temporary files but keeps Data intact.
1. Turn off the device.
2. May need to connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .