Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S7 Keyboard mapping incorrect

(Topic created on: 26-12-2021 11:27 AM)
mbrett
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone else noted an issue on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 Book Cover Keyboard (EF-DT870) UK ENLGISH?

When I click on [SHIFT]+[2] I get @ instead on "
When I click on [SHIFT]+[3] I get # instead of the Britsh Pound symbol
When I click on [SHIFT]+['] I get " instead of @

I am assuming that this is related to the symbols displayed on the Samsung Keyboard app as on the soft keyboard I get:
[SHIFT]+[2] = @ instead of " 
[SHIFT]+[3] = # instead of Britsh Pound symbol

Noting this I have noted that I get the correct response from [SHIFT]+[1] and [SHIFT]+[4] even though they differ between the soft keyboard and physical keyboard.

I have tried switching the keyboard language between English (UK) QWERTY, English (US) QWERTY and English (US) International with no change to the issue.

I also tried Keys Cafe in Goodlock and although I can change the keymapping for the number keys it is not reflected in the Soft Keyboard (Samsung Keyboard) or physical keyboard (EF-DT870).
16 REPLIES 16
mbrett
Pioneer
Options
fixed it with a factory reset and restore
Gaugerer
Student
Options

I have the same problem and I'm going to return the keyboard cover if it doesn't work 

Fif_TabS7Plus
First Poster
Options

I am also having the exact same issue with the Samsung keyboard that comes with the box.

Gaugerer
Student
Options
Hi, The UK keyboard cover is only compatible with a UK tablet which is not available so I returned the UK keyboard cover and bought a US one which works fine.
Simon Teoh
First Poster
Options

>> I have tried switching the keyboard language between English (UK) QWERTY, English (US) QWERTY and English (US) International with no change to the issue.

Should have chosen

General Management

> Physical keyboard

> Samsung keyboard

> English (US) Qwerty style .

That should solve this issue. All the best !

Zardoz2
Student
Options

I still have this problem and a factory reset is not a good option for me as this is also used for work and a lot of customization has been done.  I've done the above but still have a problem. The " above 2 , / above 3 , ? above 6  are just a few of the characters I'm having problems with.  Has anyone come up with a solution that does not require a factory reset? Thanks

0 Likes
Zardoz2
Student
Options

I also cannot get the third character of the keys to work. Each number key provided three different characters but I can only get two. Tried Alt, Alt Gr, and Ctrl Shift and the key but no characters are printed. 

0 Likes
Barnkung
First Poster
Options

thank you so much

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Turn off Num Lock to use the letter keys normally. Some keyboards have the Num Lock function itself as a secondary function of another key. So to toggle Num Lock on that type of keyboard, press Fn and Num Lock together.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes