Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite touchscreen unresponsive

(Topic created on: 21-09-2020 07:09 PM)
Nickydwuk
First Poster
Options

Suddenly the screen ion my S6 Lite is not responding to touch. I cannot swipe the screen to unlock nor can I touch power down to turn it off. I have read a few posts about rebooting the tablet but they all need you to be able to access the tablet. I have only had it 2 months. Is there anything I can do to at least try to reboot it?

39 REPLIES 39
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes you can plug in a mouse using an otg cable. If the screen is faulty then that should allow you to reboot it or activate usb debugging and such that u may need to be able to connect to PC and do some more troubleshooting or reflashing. Itll also mean that if the mouse is unresponsive too, then it's not a screen fault.
0 Likes
amish
Student
Options

I also bought my samsung s6 lite a couple of months ago and my screen suddenly becomes unresponsive to touch. the s pen works but touch dosnt. it does work for a few seconds when i leave it alone for a few minutes. i think its a software issue. did you find a solution to this?

Ab182
Student
Options

I also have the same exact issue I bought two last week and one of them is unresponsive to finger touch but works with the s pen

muhammadaiman0011
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem. now I cant use a touchscreen but work with s pen.

Arddekker
First Poster
Options

Hi I have found the solution after my update on my Samsung tablet s6 the talk back setting was activated.

So now you can only use you're tablet with 2 fingers.

Tap 1 time with 1 finger on an icon to select(market Bleu) and then tap with 2 fingers to continu or dubbele tap with 1 finger. 

To turn this of go to settings, accessibility, vision, turn talk back off.

Problem solved! 

Hope this helped. 

Kind regards Ard. 

0 Likes
ALeigh620
First Poster
Options

Hi. Has anyone resolve the unresponsive touchscreen? Tried the mouse thing. It displays the pointer but when clicked to an icon, nothing happens. Any other options? 

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@ALeigh620 

hello

press and hold all the buttons of the tablet for a long time until the tablet turns off by  itself 😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

Mikey7719
Apprentice
Options

Same exact thing here. My tablet is only a month old. I took the screen protector off and it made no difference. Ended up sending it back to Samsung. Waiting for the repair. 

0 Likes
AniD
Journeyman
Options

Ya i am too having the similar issue! Recently got this tab on june 2021. Even took to service centre. They are even not able to find solution for this and even said if occurs on third party apps then thats not our concern but its not just 3rd party apps or so also occurs randomly whupile scrolling or swiping sometimes . Majorly occurs while gaming persists after every 20 25 seconds of gaming even the tab is not heating neither any frame drops game runs smooth and occurs till next 30 35 seconds and fixes, again after few secs starts touch lag just like a constant loop or so! Very dissapointed by such a mid range product. Samsung shame on you. Got this tab with android 11 factory shipped!