Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab A pin won't work

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 12:43 AM)
chelseycorea
Apprentice
Options

Our pin for our tablet has randomly stopped working. Every time I enter it, I get a message saying to wait 30 seconds. I held down the power and volume button to get it to reset. Upon resetting it asks for the pin, I enter it, it "verifies" it and the tablet starts up. Then it asks for the pin again (at the login screen) and it doesn't work, says to wait 30 seconds. I'm not tech savvy, so I have no idea what else to do...

Go to solution
58 REPLIES 58
-N1ghtsky_
First Poster
Options

It Worked thank you i almost had a heart attack when I tried the ones above yours!

0 Likes
DanniKara
First Poster
Options

Yes!!!! This worked thanks 😊 

0 Likes
AN40
First Poster
Options

Oh My Gosh, This has just happened to me tonight, my Samsung Tab A was working perfectly, I put it down for a bit and when i put in the pin, it was denied and I had to wait 30 seconds , each time the pin failed and it won't let me turn it off or reset because it needs the Pin to to this. Is there a way to reset the pin without having to go back to the factory settings? There is no option to be sent an email to reset your pin as well. 

0 Likes
AN40
First Poster
Options

Same , my Tablet won't even let me get into safe mode.  this is so frustrating 

0 Likes
AN40
First Poster
Options

Thank you, I am so Happy this worked. 

0 Likes
zz421
First Poster
Options

Thank you all who are trying to help.

Rebooting would not let me in either. I got to the screen that said safe mode but it would not let me past that screen. It said had the same message of 'try again after 30 sec.s'

0 Likes
Sainath
First Poster
Options

But my tab is taking a screenshot while doing that!!Please help me 😫😫

0 Likes
Members_hDLNaYY
First Poster
Options

I have a very similar problem, except it won't restart, just the 30 second message.  How can this suddenly happen?  Odd to have two reports within days.

0 Likes
Members_hDLNaYY
First Poster
Options

Wow, this is first fix that works!  10 out of 10 to Peter-UK.  Better than the supposed experts.

Thanks

0 Likes
yeethaw19
First Poster
Options

I had this same problem, and what worked is holding the power button and the volume down button until it powers off. it might take a few tries though, it only worked on the third try for me

0 Likes