Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab A pin won't work

(Topic created on: 04-09-2020 12:02 PM)
chelseycorea
Apprentice
Options

Our pin for our tablet has randomly stopped working. Every time I enter it, I get a message saying to wait 30 seconds. I held down the power and volume button to get it to reset. Upon resetting it asks for the pin, I enter it, it "verifies" it and the tablet starts up. Then it asks for the pin again (at the login screen) and it doesn't work, says to wait 30 seconds. I'm not tech savvy, so I have no idea what else to do...

58 REPLIES 58
Solution
Tweetypie38
Student
Options

Fixed it, hold power button and volume down to do a restart, everything back to normal x

Helsbells
First Poster
Options

Yep, this works

0 Likes
Rainmaker
First Poster
Options

Yep! Works, thank you!

0 Likes
GazalGazal
First Poster
Options

Thank you :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Solution
Peter-UK
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same just happened to me, while I was using the tablet it locked and would not unlock with the PIN, saying try again in 30s.

Even tried the findmymobile service and it could connect to the tablet, make it ring, back it up but NOT unlock it. Just came up with an error when you tried.

Finally found how to force power off the tablet (normal power off and restart and safe mode options just asked for the PIN again).

To force power off, press the power and volume down buttons together for more than 7 seconds. It then restarted and asked the PIN which worked as normal.

Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Happened to me today, 100% certain my PIN was correct but kept giving the wait 30 seconds message. Forced reboot sorted it 👍🏻

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
Roco67
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to me. Thanks for quick fix

0 Likes
dandrade2
First Poster
Options

Hey I'm having the same problem. It ask for the PIN to restart in safe mode. I pressed it for more than 30 seconds and still nothing change. Can somebody help me? Thank you

0 Likes
Members_uxNdxwn
First Poster
Options

You're a lifesaver (well, a panic saver at least!) I did that and it was immediately fine again. Thank you so much for your advice 😁

Sonja007
First Poster
Options

Thank you!!! I tried all other suggestions, to no avail, then I came across your post and it worked. My son is eternally thankful to you! 🙂

0 Likes