Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Tab A pin won't work

(Topic created on: 11-10-2019 12:43 AM)
chelseycorea
Apprentice
Options

Our pin for our tablet has randomly stopped working. Every time I enter it, I get a message saying to wait 30 seconds. I held down the power and volume button to get it to reset. Upon resetting it asks for the pin, I enter it, it "verifies" it and the tablet starts up. Then it asks for the pin again (at the login screen) and it doesn't work, says to wait 30 seconds. I'm not tech savvy, so I have no idea what else to do...

Go to solution
58 REPLIES 58
Kchap
First Poster
Options

Thanks, i was beginning to despair until i tried this

0 Likes
icordoba
First Poster
Options

Any other ideas? executing step 3 does not get my Tab A into SAFE MODE... keeps asking for the code... I can't believe there is no way to shut down this device once my kid changed his pin code and forgot it. Amazing.

JRS_Klundert
First Poster
Options

Worked nice thanks! Fiddled around with it a bit and after restart i was able to enter the pin. Later on removed the pin client can work without pin for now! This is number 11 with this problem back in my shop

0 Likes
DebraFoster
First Poster
Options

I have tried that and it doesnt work

0 Likes
Batman3
First Poster
Options

It worked...Thanks a lot...

0 Likes
EasyBob
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your post just did it entered my pin code and I'm IN happy days 😀
0 Likes
Lenee
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much!  This worked for me.  

KDBdownunder
Student
Options

Found it - thanks - hold Power & Volume buttons down - it worked for me - thanks heeeeeeps

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

If you know the pin and the tablet is not accepting it. Press and hold power and volume down for 8 seconds. It will reboot without asking for pin. In my case the pin was not being accepted before reboot, but it was fine after.

lightiv
First Poster
Options

Thank you!  This worked!

0 Likes