Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dex mode - why are you annoying with the title bar!?

(Topic created on: 20-05-2023 03:52 PM)
vinays
Journeyman
Options
Dex mode should deliver truely desktop experience. However, the app title bar makes it worst. There should be an option to hide this window or should have an option to enter exclusive mode to get rid of taskbar and title bar. 

22 REPLIES 22
Members_NBUbOtI
First Poster
Options

Same here, Tab S6 and S8+ in regular use but after using DEX with that title bar for a few minutes I decided to go back to regular mode and use TeamViewer od Remote Desktop to my server/laptop.

Come on Samsung! You can do it! I believe in you!

0 Likes
DrDrake
First Poster
Options
Samsung should build the DeX title bar into the Samsung Internet UI itself (when being run in DeX mode)

Auto hide in full screen for any app would also be needed. Not sure why they aren’t doing this. It's been jarring and disjointed from day 1.

TheGodsHateKansas
First Poster
Options

This has been the primary reason that I do not use DeX. The Galaxy Tab S8+ has a great screen, but with it's size and aspect ratio, every milimeter needs to be used, especially in landscape mode.

Come on Samsung, auto-hiding the title bar shouldn't be a big lift. 

(The DeX MAX app appears to be defunct. Google Play Store currently lists it with the warning "This app isn't available for your device because it was made for an older version of Android.")

definitelyBenny
First Poster
Options

Samsung, please allow us the ability to hide the title bar, integrate the title bar with the existing top functionality of applications (such as with chrome or vscode), or at least communicate with us.  It would be helpful to at least let us in on what is preventing this change from being made.  Thanks!

ElectriSean3000
First Poster
Options

I’m only trying to watch Paramount+ in fullscreen. Galaxy S20 FE. I couldn’t sign in to the app until I powered off &.back on. Then I swear it went into fullscreen. No problem until I clicked to check something else. Then would not go back. Found autohide taskbar. Title bar goes away when I click on screen for player controls then comes back when controls go away. wth. 

0 Likes
D123mp
First Poster
Options
I've recently got the tab s9 ultra, and found that the top bar goes away in samsungs video player, but the video player has trouble with certain types of videos so you then have to use vlc which again has the same issue. Quite frustrating this still hasn't been sorted out, it's 2023,how hard can it be to hide the bar.
0 Likes
Lacordaire
First Poster
Options

Same here with a new S9+. So frustrating. 

1000187671.jpg

0 Likes
hovdingen
Apprentice
Options

I never had the title bar on my Samsung Fold with some very expensive movie glasses that uses Dex, but now I cant get rid of the title bar. This is so stupid, and I will buy an Iphone instead.

0 Likes
Members_n8LbbMg
First Poster
Options

Extremely sad Samsung doesn't seem to care one bit about this issue. The lack of communication is also eroding trust in DeX as a platform to invest in. 

tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

They only care about money ..