Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dex mode - why are you annoying with the title bar!?

(Topic created on: 24-08-2020 04:38 AM)
vinays
Journeyman
Options
Dex mode should deliver truely desktop experience. However, the app title bar makes it worst. There should be an option to hide this window or should have an option to enter exclusive mode to get rid of taskbar and title bar. 

22 REPLIES 22
Dennycrane
Pathfinder
Options
Try going into settings, Samsung DeX. Go to the eighth option and that hides the task bar. I'm using Tab S7 plus & accessing settings while in DeX mode. There's an app in the Google Play Store called DeX Max this can be used to hide the title bar, I used to use it back in the day but it would stop working occasionally so I uninstall it. I don't know if it's been updated since then, but it's worth a try cos it's free.
vinays
Journeyman
Options
No use of dex max app. however found an option to hide task bar in dex settings. Still unable to hide title bar.
0 Likes
Alexik18
Apprentice
Options

You can now hide the tas bar but the navigation bar is still a problem 😕

0 Likes
Bensaski
First Poster
Options
Most of the time I dont use dex because of this, I know its a small thing but its realy irritating losing screen space to it and using the browser with the bar above is fustrating imo
kuczaQ
First Poster
Options

Yes, we need this feature implemented ASAP!

I'm just on my Tab S6 writing this in the DEX Mode which I was trying out for some programming work and it work astonishngly well (I was in awe, that i can actually run a nodeJs server and access it natively on android), but on a 10'' screen the title bar that cannot be hidden is a BIG problem. Even after changing the scaling in the Dex settings to the minimum it takes a whooping 5% of the screen real estate.

Please implement some kind of auto hide mechanism for the top title bar - with this the Tab S6 would come very close to being an actual PC and not just a tablet.

0 Likes
Padis
First Poster
Options

Same I don't use dex for this reason. Some apps have the bar hidden like minecraft and you need too hold tap  to see the navigation options, it really cool and useful. I hope this feature was for all apps

0 Likes
Members_9UFJ3gO
First Poster
Options

Come on samsung its a small change. Dont be lazy now after the long journey.

0 Likes
Nick_Myrick
First Poster
Options

Late response but you can auto hide taskbar in dex settings. Also, if you use samsung internet and have a keyboard you can f11 into fullscreen mode, which hides both bars (not sure about other browsers). 

tweetatoo
Navigator
Options

Well, I cannot believe that we are now in 2022 ans this feature is not being brought up to their tablets. I decided to get one of their S8 tablets and I like the Dex mode, however it lacks a lot of the features of the normal mode! Come on Samsung!