Spoke to amazon and they are gonna look into it and help me resolve it.
I just find it weird there is no mention on any of the policies that they will lock the device if the trade in is not completed?
I have the same message. I've done as you have done and contacted Amazon. I will wait to hear what they come back with. I'll post an update if I get anything.