Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 01:52 AM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

242 REPLIES 242
Members_AUYpAcB
First Poster
Options

Same for me - Tab S7 bought from Amazon.  Seller has suggested hard reset or send it back and they will send a replacement.  Is this a genuine trade-in that Samsung are doing?  I couldn't see anything online for the contact address of help@tradeinresponse.co.uk 

0 Likes
Members_wK7BmsD
First Poster
Options

Same thing just happened on my mums new tablet again not part of a trade in bought new.

0 Likes
MikeSchofield
Journeyman
Options

Same issue on S21 bought direct from Samsung. Had confirmation they had my old phone and deadline was Oct 24. They also charged me back for trade-in value. Spoke to Samsung helpline but they can't do anything - no way to talk to trade in team just email samsung@tradeinresponse.co.uk. Not had any response yet.

0 Likes
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

Same issue as on mine! 

No idea how the trader sourced the tablets for the error message to come up!

Either a scam or duck up on samsung's part

0 Likes
Clark_
First Poster
Options

Same here. S21 bought direct from Samsung, traded in my OnePlus and had confirmation of receipt. Even if the OnePlus isn't in good enough condition, there's seemingly no recourse for me to pay the £100 difference. They're just going to lock my phone? This is mad.

No response to the email I sent yesterday either, so once it's 9am I'll try them on 0333 207 9676, which is the number from this page.

Bwsoldier
Pioneer
Options

Keep us updated, I'm going to try the online chat again today and will post my findings. Going to be great having no phone if it does lock us all out!

MisterDonut
Apprentice
Options

Yes, the same message just came up on the tablet I bought for my mother. It came up last night.

I have messaged Amazon. I have also emailed help@tradeinresponse.co.uk - in the hope they might be able to sort something out.

Odd how all of us have had these trade in messages within the last 24 hours.

I'll be following this thread with great interest.

Asmith239
Explorer
Options
Update for all regarding ones got from amazon see email from helpdeskScreenshot_20211015-093506_Gmail.jpg
Park life
Pioneer
Options

That sounds like rubbish to me. I got mine direct from Samsung and have this message. They already acknowledged receipt of trade in on 11th Oct. I got through on the phone this morning and was given this email address plus contact number apparently for special team dealing with this. Nobody answers on that number so seems email is the only way forward currently. Absoute disgrace. 

0 Likes
MisterDonut
Apprentice
Options

I bought from a seller on Amazon marketplace. I already emailed the seller and am waiting for a response. But I imagine the seller won't be able to sort the issue out and will simply offer a refund. Thankfully, I bought using a credit card so am covered if the seller tries to worm out of things. 

Thanks for sharing the email you got back from Samsung. 

0 Likes