Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 01:52 AM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

245 REPLIES 245
Splinz35
First Poster
Options
My refurbished Galaxy S10 has locked after a couple of days and is now asking me for a password!! I used the fingerprint method when initially setting it up. This is a lifeline for me due to current illness which effects my mobility. I need to have contact with Care Management team, medical practice and hospital. Please advise how I can get help to unlock my phone.

Many thanks 😊
0 Likes
Splinz35
First Poster
Options
I bought the phone from Vodafone who deal with the contract attached to the phone.
0 Likes
Anon28456
First Poster
Options
Does anyone know if anything happened with this? I have just purchased a brand new Samsung tablet from ebay that now says it's going to be locked. Crazy that this has been a known issue for so many years and samsung are avoiding responsibility
0 Likes
vasipap
Journeyman
Options

I also had a similar issue, my

husband bought a brand new boxed Samsung phone from an Ebay seller who had 100% positive reviews. He had it for around 2-3 months and all of a sudden yesterday Samsung locked it and he cannot use it.
He has emailed the ebay seller [seekvalue] who appears to have stopped selling items and he has heard nothing. Because it was over the 30 day period he cannot exchange it through ebay and get his monety back. He has paid the full price and there was no device trade in from my husband's part. So it must be the samsung reseller who did not perhaps trade in a phone or pay the amounted required.

I contacted Samsung but they are saying the reseller needs to get in touch with them to resolve this. The ebay seller [seekvalue] is not responding to messages via ebay. So, we are assuming that this plan is not going to work. Because it is 30 days after the phone was bought ebay is not going to do a return and refund, we are going through paypal but so far no responce either. Has anyone had this experience and how did they dealt with it?

0 Likes
Members_Kax9VRH
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, have you found a solution ?

0 Likes
Members_Kax9VRH
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem, have you found a solution?

0 Likes