Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 01:52 AM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options
Tablets

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

235 REPLIES 235
MikeBeaty
Journeyman
Options
Tablets

UPDATE: Finally my phone has been unlocked after 8 days!! None of this was my fault and my trade in was accepted, it was obviously a failure in their system. I will be making an official complaint and will keep people up to date.

MikeBeaty
Journeyman
Options
Tablets

Final update, and hope all this helps...

After having the notification due to an error with Samsung, and then it being locked for 8 days it was unlocked with an apology from Samsung. They agreed it was 100% their fault, but ultimately calling the numbers and raising calls does not help. It is just time. I complained and was offered a £50 voucher as an apology, plus they wrote to apologise over email.

My problem was solved, hope you guys find it happens quicker than me.

Members_tDFG4Lb
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Hi I am having the same issue, they have blocked my phone. I have spoken to so many departments but didn`t get anywhere. but i have find out the real issue basically the phone`s we are sending to them are not going to the trade in team which is a third party, this is due to samsung given out the wrong postal labels. so basically the phones are going to samsung warehouse instead of going to this third party. 

I am thinking of making a facebook page so everyone can join it, i will leave samsung alone for this mess up. they have wasted my time my energy and on to they accessed the phones remotely to blocked them with any one`s consent. Samsung need to learn a lesson.  

missmirandas
First Poster
Options
Tablets

There is a FB Group starting out that you should join.  THIS WILL BE A MASSIVE CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT and those affected deserve compensation.  Samsung can't just lock people out.  They must find another solution if they have problems with people who have incomplete trades, but to take it out on the mass buyers or public IS NOT THE ANSWER!!

Members_fxrqUCU
First Poster
Options
Tablets

Day 8 since getting my new S22 locked by Samsun numerous phone calls and emails without any help from Samsung. Customer service is a joke. Sent my old phone back as per Samsungs instructions and get new phone locked. Total joke! Customer service non existent. Was told by trade in team after telling them I have proof of postage that I could have sent anything back!!! Will never use Samsung again. Trading standards need to look at this

Members_MHWuy92
Apprentice
Options
Tablets

Hi there, my s22 ultra has been locked too. I was sent a confirmation email stating they had received my old phone 12 days ago. Phone has been locked since yesterday. Also has £460 taken out of my account as they clearly do  not think they received my old phone.  i have emailed both Samsung and the trade in team multiple times but when i contact Samsung they tell me they will have to contact the trade in team. When i email the trade in team, they only reply to ask for the imei number and order number (which i have already sent). Then i send them it again and they just do not reply. It is awful and I don't know what to do. i desperately need my phone, i use it for work too. What was the outcome, did they finally unlock your phone?

0 Likes