Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device being locked in 24 hours due to trade in not complete,

(Topic created on: 14-10-2021 01:52 AM)
Asmith239
Explorer
Options

I have had the following message come up on my newly purchased tablet which was not part of a trade in with myself

What do I do?

20211014_004817.jpg

242 REPLIES 242
yeraciba
Explorer
Options

Yes I did raise a complaint. I used email, phone & the website message thing. I was furious! 

Members_IQVRJRC
First Poster
Options

I think this horrible customer expreince is due to incompetent Samsung Customer experince team and product managers. 24 hours notice is not enough if you can not handle the issue with in your call centre if there is manual process. Fist of all they need to change this to at leeast 14 days notice , and then lock.  Such a stupid rule they have there ... Second;y I have changed my mind in trade in or lets say brokne the device . Their web site says the amount will be deducted form your card  ( no mention of lockong the device) . That horible customer experince is because of Samsung not amazon or any other vendor. They haven't thought about it htorughly and impacts of notice of 24 hours notice and locking the device. They treat all customers as fraudsters which I belive a reflection of their company culture. I will neber ever buy Samsung again, losuy customer service , call canter can not slove any porblems  , even if the product was good , wht good it is if you can not use it !!!

0 Likes
wsom
First Poster
Options

I really wish I'd read this thread before I'd tried this!  My new S21 is now locked and I'm not getting any response from help@tradeinresponse.co.uk.  i have sent my old device back, but no response.  Did anyone manage to get any resolution to their issues please?  Any magic tips to help me with?  I've phoned Samsung and they really don't care at all.  Just tell me to keep emailing the above address.  Who don't respond.  Seems like I paid £1k for a brick.  Has anyone tried disputing the transaction with their credit card company?

0 Likes
wsom
First Poster
Options

Did you ever get a resolution at all please?

0 Likes
MikeBeaty
Journeyman
Options

I am still waiting. I bought my phone direct from Samsung In November, had to chase to trade my phone in, they finally sent a pack to which I sent my phone back straight away. Had an email mid December to say it was accepted and the order was closed. Next day had notification that my phone was going to be locked. I chased them 11 times on 003330000333 and was told to contact the trade in team on 08446931663 to which no one answered. I emailed various addresses that people gave me. Finally got a call raised and I was told 3-5 days to get sorted. What a joke. I am now on day 6 of my phone being locked by Samsung and still not sorted. I have been calling an been in a queue for 30 mins and still no answer. This is 100% an issue with Samsung and they will still not unlock my S21. The lack of communication and ownership is a joke. If they lock a phone, they need to be 100% sure they are locking it for the right reason. This is stressful, inconvenient and frankly unsafe. We need our phones every day for various reasons, and I will be making many complaints until I am compensated - as soon as they unlock my phone. 6 days is 6 days too many.

MikeBeaty
Journeyman
Options

Just so you know, this is the company they use to deal with our trade ins:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/mtr.co.uk

MikeBeaty
Journeyman
Options

Has anyone had their problem resolved? If so, how long did it take?

Members_V8qHpJO
First Poster
Options

Alas I am about to join this unwanted Samsung club.

Despite posting the item within the time scale, recorded delivery and proof supplied to the trade-in email and direct to Samsung, the block threat exists and when requested to remove the block as I had fully complied with their terms, my reply was (after 48 hours too)...

"

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we cannot unblock or prevent the devices being blocked until the trade in device has arrived and been accepted here.

We look forward to receiving this.

Kind Regards,

Samsung Trade In Team"

Shambolic and I very much doubt this practise would stand up to scrutiny from industry legal experts.

I for one have replied with the following (for what it's worth, they will just ignore it);

"
and how long is that likely to take??

This is not acceptable and if my item is blocked, I shall be returning it as faulty and requesting a full refund and replace it with a phone made by Sony or others.

I shall also be invoicing you for the FULL COST of replacing my phone that I have sent in to you and will proceed with County Court litigation if required."

Farce...

MikeBeaty
Journeyman
Options

I'm on day 7 of having no phone even though they even admitted they had the trade in and it was accepted to the full amount. There is no reason why they shouldn't be unlocking my phone, yet here I am still with a locked phone after 7 days and no end in sight.

DavidT4
First Poster
Options

Wish I'd found this all out before doing the trade in. Technical support at Samsung believe it is not their problem because they've farmed this out to a third party. I bought a phone from Samsung and these threats, delivered through Samsung services, are their responsibility and problem to fix whether they want them to be or not.