Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default storage SD card

(Topic created on: 15-08-2021 08:32 PM)
Ricken007
First Poster
Options

Hey. Has anyone got any clue how to change the default storage location from internal to the SD card? I'd like any downloads and instalations to go to my SD card. I have an A7 Lite model # SM-T220 with a SD card installed.

It would be nice if we were given a choice for where we want to store our files.
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Ricken007: Sadly it isn't possible to set the SD card as your default storage location. What I'd suggest is periodically moving your personal media files to the SD card by heading to My Files > Images (as an example) > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Edit > Select the files you want to move > Select 'Move' at the bottom of the screen > Tap the back button > SD Card > Select a folder, or create a new one > Move Here. 

Pierre2Grenoble
Journeyman
Options

To complete @AndrewL suggestion, some apps manage to have the SD card as the storage default location. Some examples: Samsung Internet, Camera, Google Photos. There should be others. To setup this new location, you have to go in Settings of every app or the go in the Apps category for the global Settings. An example: Google Photos=>Settings > Apps > Photos > Storage > Change.

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Cortney814
First Poster
Options

Go to your Camera settings on your Camera settings.You should find where is the list of if you want to set it for your device storage or your SD card storage.

0 Likes