Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging

(Topic created on: 13-03-2024 04:09 PM)
Ginsing64
Voyager
Options
Here's a question for debate. Is it better to fast charge or to slow charge tablets and phones. In regards to the longevity of their battery recharging cycles.
12 REPLIES 12
Neo001
Legend
Options

Phones these days manage the charging speed efficiently. Part of the battety is (super) fast charged and then it slows down considerably, especially between 80 and 100%.

Key thing to manage I think is heat.

Ginsing64
Voyager
Options
I guessed that, to be honest, as the function for either is available, and I couldn't see samsung having it, if it was harmful.just threw it out there for debate really.
Neo001
Legend
Options

Agreed. In summer, when the temperature is on the higher side,  slow charging could help with heat management.

Ginsing64
Voyager
Options
I'm just mulling over whether to buy a fast charger. That's where the question stems from, really. As could be used for both my 24u and s9u. I normally charge overnight . So it's not really a priority
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I always slow charge. Unless I need that quick boost if I'm going out, or something like that
Slower charge will heat up the battery less.
So far it's worked for me
Neo001
Legend
Options

If you are charging overnight, then indeed there is no urgency.

Fast charger can help when you are in a hurry and need to quickly charge your phone.

Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I deactivated Fast charge and I only use it if I am in a hurry, I also lately turn off my phone or Internet data and use my back up phone if I am home, with this phone I am really going to promote battery life and I want to see how effective will it be if i take care properly of the battery.
Ginsing64
Voyager
Options
I'm not that extreme, though I do mainly below charge.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It depends on your needs, think best to have a mix and not constantly fast charge.  Howwever as has been mentioned there is a mechanism built in to prevent too much heat.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.