Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child account is administrator

(Topic created on: 15-03-2024 06:10 PM)
Eddie249
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I created a new account for my son, using my birthday by mistake. So it had the permissions of an adult. I then setup a new tablet with this account as administrator. After realising my mistake (whilst trying to setup family link) I corrected the child's birthday.

But now the tablet has a child as it's administrator, and this is causing a lot of trouble. Because I cannot use his account to carry out any administrative actions.

For some reason I can't even boot into recovery mode - I'm powering up whilst pressing power down, but it just boots normally. Am I doing something wrong, or is that somehow also blocked due to the administrator being a child?

Many thank for any help you can offer!

Eddie

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Recovery mode is both power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
0 Likes
Eddie249
First Poster
Options

Oops, I'm sorry. I can see my original post was confusing in this respect. This is exactly what I tried and it didn't work - it just booted normally. I tried twice, and didn't let go of the power and volume down button until booting had finished. No recovery mode. Do you know any reason why this could be happening?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Robin999
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds silly, but try it with the power button and volume up. I could of got it the wrong way around sorry.
0 Likes