Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto rotation button gone missing

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 11:58 AM)
ReikiWitch70
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone.
Yesterday I turned on my Samsung s7 light tablet and found that my auto rotation settings wasn't working. My screen is on wide setting and wouldn't change. So I turned my tablet off and turned it back on, to see if it would reset but instead my auto rotation button had gone. I have tried everything and nothing happening😣 I don't want to reset the tablet because I have a lot of work on it. I noticed this happened after its latest update. Can anyone help 
11 REPLIES 11
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Check your drop down menu. If it's not there click the 3 dots and go to edit buttons. See if you can add it back.
0 Likes
ReikiWitch70
Apprentice
Options
I tried that and the button has completely disappeared. I have looked through the whole thing and just cannot find it anywhere. It's really strange it was fine yesterday morning and then after the update it just went
ReikiWitch70
Apprentice
Options
Going take it back to EE to get them sort out. Thanks for trying to help x
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
If they sort it can you please update us how they have sorted it because I would have said the same as Fiona26. Cheers.
AndrewL
Options

@ReikiWitch70: If the device is locked to Portrait or Landscape mode, then the icon in your drop down Quick Panel would appear as a grey padlock with Portrait or Landscape written below. Tapping on the padlock should enable Auto-Rotate for you. 

Kittengirlsmom
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. The button  itself is gone. It's also nowhere in settings.  It was fine a few days ago.

0 Likes
Ev303
First Poster
Options

The button has turned to Portrait button. Click it, and it will turn back to auto rotate button. It happens when you touch the screen while rotating the tablet so the screen is locked.

0 Likes
Ev303
First Poster
Options

Find a portrait button. Click it and it will be auto rotate button again

0 Likes
kevings178
First Poster
Options
Good answer worked perfectly
0 Likes