Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 update has messed up 'move to SD' functionality.

(Topic created on: 21-11-2022 02:13 PM)
jasonuk
Explorer
Options

Updated my A7 Lite today with Android 12 and the apps on my SD card are no longer accessible.  The update to Android 12 has basically killed the 'Move to SD' functionality which Android 11 had.  If an app is moved to SD to fails with 'Not Enough Storage' error even though there's 10s of Gb free on the SD card.  I've tried everything; formatting/mounting & unmounting card and even a factory reset assuming the SD card was the issue but it isn't.  I copied back my music & ebook library to the SD card using my PC and they can be accessed / played / read without issue which further shows the SD card isn't the problem.

75 REPLIES 75
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
What I need is step by step instructions not general information
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Step by step information? Use Google for it. If you don't understand don't your not technically minded so leave your device well alown.. there is instructions on how to flash a firmware on sammobile website. The instructions are next to the firmware for your device
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
That is a very insulting reply as samsung defaults to auto updates so should warn users to switch thus off if they are going to wreck their tablet . With auto updates there is no chance to read the change logs and I would expect any update to be for the better not to wreck my tablet
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Samsung do not use auto updates. None of my samsung devices have ever auto updated there firmwares. Including my samsung smart TV. It needs human interaction to update firmware.. or on my samsung smart TV I needed to enable automatic updates. See what I mean you have no clue..my s22 does not auto update. You see this check box for auto updates turn it off. My s22 does not auto update the firmware it downloads the firmware and then tells me there is a update I still need to tap update on the notification Screenshot_20221121_113738_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
Wrong
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
This us totally wrong
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
At the time of purchase you could. Again it pays to read the small print. It clearly states in the small print things can change.. the features offered can change at any time.. Again read the small print.. its like windows updates. Anything can change at any give time its all in the small print its not samsungs problem that you can't be bothered to read the small print.
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
Windows updates improve things , the Samsung version of android 12 has nothing better but an enormous fault
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Windows updates improve things but also change things and take older things away.. such as now when you right click on sound properties you get taken to the windows 11 sound properties not control pannel sound properties.. there is lots of things changed in windows 11 recently by updates. I can list loads of features and services that have changed of gone via windows updates that were in the beta windows 11.
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
Maybe they did but they didn't wreck the pc by restricting the storage capacity