Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Android 12 update has messed up 'move to SD' functionality.

(Topic created on: 30-10-2022 01:05 PM)
jasonuk
Explorer
Options

Updated my A7 Lite today with Android 12 and the apps on my SD card are no longer accessible.  The update to Android 12 has basically killed the 'Move to SD' functionality which Android 11 had.  If an app is moved to SD to fails with 'Not Enough Storage' error even though there's 10s of Gb free on the SD card.  I've tried everything; formatting/mounting & unmounting card and even a factory reset assuming the SD card was the issue but it isn't.  I copied back my music & ebook library to the SD card using my PC and they can be accessed / played / read without issue which further shows the SD card isn't the problem.

75 REPLIES 75
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
I believe that under the consumer rights act 2015 the a7lite may now not be fit for purpose , I have asked samsung for a refund or replacement with a tablet with 128gb internal memory
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
Samsung should provide one free as I believe under the consumer rights act 2015 it may be classed as not fit for purpose as samsung did not warn us of this before taking this away. Why should customers have to pay to solve a problem created by samsung
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
Ask samsung for a refund or replacement tablet as I believe under the consumer rights act 2015 it may now be classed as no longer fit for purpose
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Haha sansung is under no obligation to provide a sd card free
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
I didn't say an sd card I said tablet as I believe under the consumer rights act 2015 they may have made the tablet no longer fit for purpose so should replace it or refund purchasevpricE
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Wrong..
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Read the terms and conditions. Samsung are within the rights to change any part of the software. Unable to move apps to sd card does not make it unfit for purpose.. its there in the small print read it.
0 Likes
Andy3
Voyager
Options
Moving apps to sd card is not supported even via Google on android. Any manufacturer can include that ability and take it away at any time.. move to sd card is not part of the offical android firmware
0 Likes
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
What is wrong ? , I purchased it in good faith when it was advertised that I could put apps on sd card , now that Samsung have made my apps on sd card not work and stopped me moving new ones there I believe it is no longer fit for purpose under the consumer rights act 2015
rogermw
Pioneer
Options
This is wrong as has been reported many times on the internet , it is samsung that has disabled it