Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 11 update - internet connectivity issue on Galaxy Tab S6

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 05:17 PM)
GBR13697
Journeyman
Options
I installed the Android 11 update a few days ago. Since then I am constantly finding that I am connected to WiFi, but not to the Internet. There is nothing wrong with my WiFi, and at least 12 other devices are working fine, including a Galaxy Tab A on Android 10. I have seen other reports of this, and I have tried all the suggestions for restarts, resetting WiFi, Resetting Settings, Safe Mode, and finally a Factory Reset. I avoided using smart switch from my old tablet to ensure I didn't import any problems, and only installed the minimum of regularly used apps. It took hours, and achieved nothing. I still have internet connectivity cutting out every few minutes. Does anyone have any other suggestions, or is my Galaxy Tab S6 just going to be a paperweight? It was a really good tablet on Android 10, but Android 11 has wrecked it, and there does not appear to be any practical way of rolling it back.

8 REPLIES 8
graeme1966
First Poster
Options
Since the latest update a few day ago my samsung 10+ has not been the same, my battery is running down very quickly, my wifi is not as good and my gmail is not working like it was.
I dont know what samsung has done but this phone has gone from being amazing to a lemon. Its bad enough that they have took mirror link off it a while back that was very usefull but now they appear to have meesed the phone up that much after being a samsung user for a very long time i may have to replace with an i phone. Thank you SAMSUNG
0 Likes
Hosay_299
Explorer
Options
Contact samsung directly
0 Likes
GBR13697
Journeyman
Options
The only contact option appear to be telephone or live chat. That inevitably means talking to someone who knows nothing, and is just reading a script. They will just tell me that my wifi is the problem, and I need to reset my router, etc, etc. I have repeated the factory reset, and the problem is there even without any third party apps.
0 Likes
Hosay_299
Explorer
Options
Ok but what option for help did u want to have. ?? How else can we or they help. They might remote access it i have not had to use there help side fully yet.
0 Likes
GBR13697
Journeyman
Options
The help I would like is to be able to submit a fault report via the website or e-mail, and to have it directed to the appropriate team. I am not going to spend time talking to people who will just quote FAQs at me. I have wasted my time like that several times this year.
I did consider the remote access, but it does rather depend on having a stable internet connection. Since I did not have a stable intenet connection, due to the problem itself caused by Android 11, it is a non-starter.
I have now rolled my Tab S6 back to Android 10. It is not an easy process, but I have a working tablet again. I will not be upgrading to Android 11 again in a hurry.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @GBR13697 ,

you can send an error report from Samsung Members> Get help> Error Report> Select the most accurate category, write down a brief description of the issue and attach the tab logs and a video displaying the issue if possible. 

Alternatively, you can get this looked at by one of our engineers. To arrange this you will need to contact our Support Team to get this booked: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
GBR13697
Journeyman
Options
Thank you TessM. I was not aware of the error reporting via Samsung Members, and I certainly was not able to find the contact to the Support Team on the website.
Having rolled back to Android 10 I am no longer in a position make a report or to provide tab logs etc. My Galaxy Tab S6 is now back on Android 10 and working perfectly.
However, Samsung should be made aware that there is a problem with the Android 11 update for the Tab S6. I happened to mention my experience to my brother today, and he said that his father in law had asked for his assistance with the same problem. Apparently this elderly gentleman had become so exasperated with his Samsung tablet after the Android 11 update that he had given up and bought an iPad. Given that this is two occurences of the same problem in a single family, I think you will find that this is pretty widespread.
testg4and
Apprentice
Options

Elderly gentlemen did well. İ also will Never  buy samsung phone again. 

0 Likes