Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

after samsung update 26 feb 2020 all apps keep minimising and battery drains extremely fast

(Topic created on: 26-02-2020 03:36 PM)
Roos63
Student
Options

I hope someone can help me. This morning I had a Samsung system update and now my tablet does not work properly anymore. Whatever app I am opening, after roughly 30 sec it minimises. Some apps like, SKY news and RTE news don't even open anymore. My battery looses 25% in 1 hr while normally I can have it on the whole day and still have 50% left in the evening. the touch screen is very slow in responding and often it shows the copy/paste option in the text, which probably is the same issue. The problems are with both Google and Samsung Apps. When I want to use the search button in settings a message keeps popping up .... restoring data ... and that message can not be closed and is running already for hours. I do not know if it is relevant but before the update I honestly had zero problems with it. no crashes, no battery drain, perfect working touch screen. 

I know I have a somewhat outdated tablet, but it is all I have and I can't afford a new one. But I love my tablet and use it a lot. I am very hesitant to do a factory reset, because some of the book apps can not be downloaded anymore. I have the settings on automatic backup and auto samsung updates, which ironicly is the only one I have on auto. I do not know if it is relevant but before the update I honestly had zero problems with it. no crashes, no battery drain, perfect working touch screen. 

following is the system info

Samsung Galaxy tab4

android version 5.0.2.

security patch 17-03-01

knox 2.4

kernel 3.4.0-10239154

connected to WIFI only

external memory card is inserted 

I hope someone can help me and please be patient with me 😉 I am new to this forum and not a comp expert, but do know my way around a comp and my tablet enough to be able to check the basics.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Roos63
Student
Options

thank you so much for your reply. My tablet completely froze. I could not do anything with it anymore, and was forced to do a hard reset,  but I am happy to say that everything is back to perfect working order. I even managed to reload my books and also battery life is back to normal. Thanks a million for your help, it's much appreciated!!

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Roos63, welcome to the forum! It does look like the tablet is experiencing some issues. Try starting the tablet in Safe Mode. This will disable all third party applications temporarily, to see if they are the root cause of the issues you’re having. To do this turn your tablet off, then back on, and when you spot the Samsung logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button until you see displayed ‘Safe Mode’. Does the tablet still experiences issues while in Safe Mode? Also, are you using the official Samsung charger that came with the tablet? 

0 Likes
Solution
Roos63
Student
Options

thank you so much for your reply. My tablet completely froze. I could not do anything with it anymore, and was forced to do a hard reset,  but I am happy to say that everything is back to perfect working order. I even managed to reload my books and also battery life is back to normal. Thanks a million for your help, it's much appreciated!!

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Amazing! Glad to hear that the everything got sorted. 

0 Likes