Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartThings: Can't accept invitation (must be same region)

(Topic created on: 06-10-2022 01:34 PM)
ks_mark
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I've finally convinced my wife to buy a Samsung and create an account so we can both take advantage of our smart home. Things are not going well because SmartThings refuses the invitation to share because it says we are in different regions, when we are not.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Members_aENgDok
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem. I am from Germany and my partner is from Thailand. We can not be in the same home. That is very annoying. It works with Google Home.

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @ks_mark and @Members_aENgDok. As I understand it, these changes need to be made manually. Therefore, I think it would be worthwhile dropping an email to our SmartThings Support Team at support@smartthings.co.uk

Alternatively, you can also reach out to the Support Team and developers at the SmartThings Community here:

https://community.smartthings.com/

Please let us know how you get on.

0 Likes
ks_mark
Apprentice
Options

Might be. I've sent an email almost 2 weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for a reply

0 Likes
dmitriydementor
Apprentice
Options

I have an even stranger situation. I bought my Samsung phone in another country, then asked support to change the region of my account to my current country - Ukraine. My wife bought her phone in Ukraine and her region is Ukraine. But when I tried to invite her to SmartThings she saw a notification that I'm trying to invite her from another region. We have both same regions - Ukraine, but Samsung 'thinks' we are not. I don't know if it's a bug or feature, but I'm sure my next phone will NOT be Samsung.

0 Likes