Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTag+ No 'Find by Camera' or distance tracking (UWB)

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 08:48 PM)
DarkGalaxy
Apprentice
Options

I have two SmartTag+ devices that are successfully paired and showing in SmartThings app

My phone is an S22 Ultra (Exynos) which should support UWB, yet when I try to track either SmartTag+ with it I get no option for the Augmented Reality Find by Camera, or any distance readouts.

Essentially the SmartTag+ are not utilising the UWB technology and are just acting like the non plus SmartTag models

Is this a software bug?  Is my S22 Ultra not being recognized as a compatible device?

FYI there was a previous post by someone else with a similar issue, which was marked as Solved by linking to the main info page for the AR finding... It didn't seem to actually solve anything, and in my opinion should never have been closed as 'solved'

You can see how it's supposed to work and look here: https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/apps-services/how-to-use-find-using-camera-to-find-my-galaxy-...

I note that the S22 Ultra is not actually in the list of devices on there, but I assume that's a case of the article not being updated as there are other references to it working with the S22 Ultra - including this video by Samsung https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqUyLgLKz6k

Screenshot_20220816-133651_SmartThings.jpg

30 REPLIES 30
oliver4ever
Journeyman
Options

thank you for answer !

the problem i have 10 device of galaxy tab + 

i had test 3 device and the same problem !

all my app is up to data ! ? it's posible that battary is like 70% ? problem from that ?

but it's new ??

really i dont know ? how will be work ?

0 Likes
oliver4ever
Journeyman
Options

it's posible thatproblem from this option ? it's disable and cant enable it ? or how ?

0 Likes
oliver4ever
Journeyman
Options

see photo plz Screenshot_20221120_133224_Settings.jpeg

justabigfanofsmsng
First Poster
Options

*bump* I'm still having this problem.

Members_daXKOLV
First Poster
Options

S24ultra user with smarttag2 I also have the same issue everything is enabled, and I have the latest updates.

Qewb
Student
Options
Same here, S24+ and SmartTag2, distance tracking works, and the camera icon comes up in the top right corner as it would when the camera is in use, but never gives me the option to use the camera.
oliver4ever
Journeyman
Options

Some countries didn't allowed it

0 Likes
oliver4ever
Journeyman
Options

In Ukraine the same problems 

Not allowed this function 

0 Likes
dstern
Explorer
Options

Is there is a list where it's not allowed? (And the reason why?)

0 Likes
Wendolean
Explorer
Options

To give this issue more impact let me note that my S24 Ultra also doesn't offer the camera AR search function. I have all updates, fresh batteries in the SmartTag2, UWB activated and I'm quite near the Tag (it only shows the distance and in very rare occasions an arrow with the direction). Is there any staff having an idea how to fix this?