Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SmartTag2 review

(Topic created on: Thursday)
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
I thought I would share my experience using the Samsung Galaxy SmartTag2 for the last few months with my fellow members. 

Front of the Smart Tag2

The Samsung Galaxy SmartTag 2 is a significant improvement over its predecessor, offering more precise tracking, a sleeker design, and longer battery life.

Showing location on the map

It utilizes Bluetooth Low Energy for long range tracking and Ultra Wideband (UWB) for super accurate short-range finding. You can even use AR mode on your Samsung phone to visually locate the tag.

Smart Tag2 options for locating 

Here are some of its key features:
 * Ultra Wideband technology for precise indoor tracking
 * Long battery life of up to 1.5 years
 * Water resistant design (IP67)
 * Sleek and compact design with a keyring hole
 * Button functionality for controlling smart home devices (Samsung ecosystem only)

Official Samsung silicone case for the SmartTag2 
Overall, the Galaxy SmartTag 2 is a great option for Samsung Galaxy users looking for a reliable and feature-rich item tracker. It takes a generic button cell battery like in watches so easy to replace and you will be notified when it is running low. 

Tracking via my S24 Ultra 

I love the immediate ability to track the Tag2 when it is in your location so for example I misplaced my keys in my house but used my phone to track them to my blazer hanging in my wardrobe. 

Speaker cutout on the back.
There's also a speaker built in which allows you to sound a ring from your Tag2 allowing you to hear where it is via your phone and the smarthings app.

Personally I have enjoyed having the peace of mind knowing that I can track my keys when needed. Any questions please feel free to ask.

7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You got AR to find you're tags? I haven't been able to do that unlike previously

I do still love the new tags but battery life is still just over 6 months battery, unless you turn on power saving which is reduce features
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Should really get myself some of these.
Would work well on my dogs collars out on a walk as well.
Especially as one of them likes diving I to the woods to explore 😅
Definitely come in handy with travelling to places with the family. Can see where everyone is when they do their own thing.
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
Definitely worth buying some plus they are IP67 so some protection from the elements.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They are cheap at thw moment, I think I saw for £70 for 4,i paid over £100 when they first came out on Amazon
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
Yes they are heavily discounted at the moment so good idea to grab some.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I like the button automation also, but battery life for my 3 has barely 5 mths, yes, better than GEN1, but half the quoted.

It's my favourite accessory, but I would also like a smaller option for wallets.

What it lacks is Smartthings automation support, it's pretty basic, shame it's not on par with IFTT, would be awesome.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
TechZilla
Hotshot
Options
My battery life has been stellar so far, Already have automation already set-up
0 Likes