Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Share location of my phone and my SmartTag2

(Topic created on: 03-01-2024 03:11 PM)
Grendizerus
Journeyman
Options

Hello, I just got a Samsung phone S23 Ultra and a Smarttag 2. I use the SmartThings app, in which I can locate my SmartTag2 when it's at home and outside my home.

But now I want to share these 2 devices' locations with my wife. She also has a Samsung phone A34. I followed some guides on the web but it does not seem to work. Could somebody give me a link to the correct method?

Thanks in advance,

DS

3d animator

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The critical part is the last sentence, you must got into the device, within Smartthings, click and it takes you into the Find app, then click more and share location.

As @GiraffeNeckLong said both phones must do this.

That said when I want to find my sons mobile, in Find app I must hamburger icon below the location icon, then click member devices and then select the device.

If you share with my than two people, so for me my wife and son, then the above process doesn't work, you must go into the Smartthings app, top right use the drop down and pick the person, then the device.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5
GiraffeNeckLong
Journeyman
Options
Solution
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The critical part is the last sentence, you must got into the device, within Smartthings, click and it takes you into the Find app, then click more and share location.

As @GiraffeNeckLong said both phones must do this.

That said when I want to find my sons mobile, in Find app I must hamburger icon below the location icon, then click member devices and then select the device.

If you share with my than two people, so for me my wife and son, then the above process doesn't work, you must go into the Smartthings app, top right use the drop down and pick the person, then the device.

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Grendizerus
Journeyman
Options

Ok! everything went well! Thanks!!

3d animator
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Excellent glad to help.

0 Likes
Help1234
First Poster
Options
I have a problem with SmartTag2 adding a 2nd user saying Not allowed (To locate and control this tag,the owner needs to share it with you in SmartThings Find). Original SmartTag works fine. I have given the user Full Access and trying Control Device Only.
0 Likes