Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartTag+ No 'Find by Camera' or distance tracking (UWB)

(Topic created on: 16-08-2022 11:10 PM)
DarkGalaxy
Apprentice
Options

I have two SmartTag+ devices that are successfully paired and showing in SmartThings app

My phone is an S22 Ultra (Exynos) which should support UWB, yet when I try to track either SmartTag+ with it I get no option for the Augmented Reality Find by Camera, or any distance readouts.

Essentially the SmartTag+ are not utilising the UWB technology and are just acting like the non plus SmartTag models

Is this a software bug?  Is my S22 Ultra not being recognized as a compatible device?

FYI there was a previous post by someone else with a similar issue, which was marked as Solved by linking to the main info page for the AR finding... It didn't seem to actually solve anything, and in my opinion should never have been closed as 'solved'

You can see how it's supposed to work and look here: https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/apps-services/how-to-use-find-using-camera-to-find-my-galaxy-...

I note that the S22 Ultra is not actually in the list of devices on there, but I assume that's a case of the article not being updated as there are other references to it working with the S22 Ultra - including this video by Samsung https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqUyLgLKz6k

Screenshot_20220816-133651_SmartThings.jpg

30 REPLIES 30
Hudz
Voyager
Options
It works for me no problems
0 Likes
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
Check the battery levels on the smart tags and try re-adding them in smart things. Are you also within 15m of the tags?
I've a 22+ and UWB locating works fine for me
0 Likes
DarkGalaxy
Apprentice
Options
Yeah I figured it ought to work for S22 range but definitely isn't for me currently.
I tried re-adding but no luck sadly.
Battery is showing as 'Sufficient: 16 - 100%'

I'm within 15m yeah, doesn't work even if I'm right next to the tags
0 Likes
wirat
Voyager
Options

Check the permissions of the SmartThings app to see if it has access to the camera.

0 Likes
Quoc
First Poster
Options

I also have the same with Smart Tag+ and I am using S22 Ultra, I am quite near with the  Tag+ but camera does not show up. I gave the SmartThings app camera permission already, but it does not fix the issue.

DarkGalaxy
Apprentice
Options
Yep sounds the same as my issue then

Mine just started working today though! Some software update must have sorted it (whether a phone update or a SmartThings update I'm not sure, as I hadn't tried it in a while)

When I opened SmartThings today and tried to find my tag it asked to download an add-on for Find, and when I started finding it gave me the distance readout and the find by camera option
0 Likes
oliver4ever
Journeyman
Options

hello

i have the same problem ? did you found soultion ???

0 Likes
oliver4ever
Journeyman
Options

how did it work ? please can help me

0 Likes
DarkGalaxy
Apprentice
Options
I don't really know what made it suddenly work to be honest, all I can advise is making sure your phone is up to date and the SmartThings app is up to date too
0 Likes