Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHP-DP609 Smart Lock Battery Issues

(Topic created on: 04-12-2022 10:53 AM)
SHP-DP609
First Poster
Options

My SHP-DP609 smart lock notified me that the batteries need changing. They take AA batteries and I swapped them all over (8 batteries) using 3 different brands of brand new batteries which I bought from the store. None of them work and the whole unit just seems to be dead. 
I checked I had put in the batteries the right way of course and even wiped, dusted and blew the connecting parts in case there was something wrong there. The original batteries which were almost dead too don’t work anymore. There doesn’t appear to be any battery leakage either. 
For some reason, I can’t seem to work out where the hard keys fit into to this lock either! 

No luck - please help! #SHP-DP609 #smasungsmartlock #samsung @samsung

7 REPLIES 7
Dicky Liu
First Poster
Options

I have similar problem with SHP-DP609 smart lock, keep low battery alert even replace new battery, I think this is a manufacturing defect, the battery bay is very clean, no any battery leakage, no any oxidation,  I had been contact the customer service, they ask me warranty expired, it may need to replace the mainboard, the cost is so expensive, I disapointed with this smart lock., unstil now,  it still not yet repair, and now sometime cannot use password and key card, only fingerprint working, maybe cause of  keep low battery warning, 

0 Likes
alionthego
First Poster
Options

I had the exact same problem.  There is a small software reboot pinhole on the outside bottom of the keypad.  Just place the end of a mechanical pencil or paperclip into that and it reboots the software and should work after that.  It's a very small software reboot pinhole on outside just under keypad.  Hard to see so run your hand over it.  It doesn't change codes or anything, only does a reboot and works fine after that.  And just to stress it's on the outside of the door, not inside.  Pressing it will not change any of your registered keys or fingerprints etc.  It's not a factory reset, it's just a software reboot.

0 Likes
kitmanson
Student
Options

So how did you resolve your problem in the end? Apart from low battery, my lock isn't able to lock automatically. I can't imagine Samsung made this poor quality product

Thank you so much

0 Likes
AndrewDavies
First Poster
Options

Hi there, I may have found the solution to this, still a little early to tell but my battery level hasn't moved in a week. There's a chance we're all suffering from "welcome home mode" which apparently lights the keypad up when it thinks you're approaching.... I've never seen this happen but... Anyway, try this.

1. Remove the battery cover and press the REG button located at the back of the lock.
2. Press the home icon on the keypad
3. Press 1 followed by *
4. Press 3 followed by *

This should disable the welcome home function
0 Likes
kitmanson
Student
Options

I ended up replacing front panel board and fixed this successfully after trying to replace mortise and back panel board with no luck.

0 Likes
Lemurian
First Poster
Options

hi 

where did you buy front panel board ? 

1. I have the same issue, and it seems is sun damaged and keeps activating buttons hence battery drain

Thanks 

0 Likes
mishfinn
First Poster
Options

Hello! I have similar issue - opening door with the card is still working (the only way to open the door now!), but fingerprint is not working. And the major issue - key pad not working at all (no reaction when I touch the numbers), so I cannot open the door with a code, and not even do any change of cards, setting, registration etc - numbers pad is not working!!

How did you fix it? Replaced motherboard (where, what supply, price?) or maybe factory reset? 
many thanks for your advice!

0 Likes