Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Cannot turn off my Samsung account 2-step verification

(Topic created on: 04-12-2020 06:01 AM)
BenTa
Student
Options

I cannot turn off my Samsung account 2-step verification no matter how many times I tried it. I managed to log into my Samsung account in my mobile phone (Galaxy S6), tapped on "My Profile", tapped on the "Security" Tap, and tapped on the "Turn off" button of the 2-step verification entry, then "Confrim" my request to disable the 2-step verification. However, everytime it return to the previouse page where it shows that the 2-step verification is still ON.

Is there anyway that a Samsung represetive can turn it off from thier side. This drive me crazy and I really regret the moment I turned on the 2-step verification.

17 REPLIES 17
Stonepony
First Poster
Options

Please for love of God, get rid of this two step verification notification that is constantly bothering me on my phone and no matter what i do i cannot get rid of it... or make it stop ... I do NOT WANT 2 STEP VERIFICATION .... i have that in an MMO game sWTOR  and i have stopped playing that game as well because 2 step verification drove me up the literal wall of my office .. If this is not removed, this is the LAST SAMSUNG PHONE I AM EVER BUYING AGAIN .. EVER ..... GET IT TOGETHER AND GET RID OF 2 STEP VERIFICATION.. i don't care what you ***** reasons are i am about to THROW THIS PHONE AGAINST THE WALL AND USE MY OLD APPLE PHONE AGAIN..... YOU WILL NEVER SEE ME AS A CUSTOMER AGAIN.. 

DoubleAxion
First Poster
Options

Yes, this two step or 2FA thing is great for some, but I definitely do not want it.  It';s being forced upon us like some spammy YT advertisement.  I paid enough for my devices thank you, I don't want to see things that I don't want.  It's enough for me to move to Xiaomi or some other device.  Ek is gatvol vir hierdie strond!!!!

Xmechanic
Student
Options

Absolutely agree with this!! I have a Galaxy S9+ but no SIM card since we are in a cellular 'black hole' here in the mountains. I already HAVE a Samsung account set up via Google login on a Galaxy Tab A 10.1, but I cannot log into it with my S9+ because of 2FA.😡 Please turn this ***** off. It is not necessary where I live, and does nothing but cause problems. I only use the phone on wi-fi for my banking app and such.

Xmechanic
Student
Options

This would be a great solution if Samsung didn't reject my Gmail account as an 'invalid e-mail address'. Now I have a $300 S9+ that I can't activate a previously created Samsung account because we're out in the mountains with no freakin' cell service.😡 2FA sucks!

Anonymous3
Student
Options

I do not want to give you my phone number.

0 Likes
EBryson
First Poster
Options

I contacted the Samsung Account help team.  I was told that I MUST have the 2 step authentication on my phone and that it could not be turned off. This process is making many uses of my phone difficult.  If this is the case, I MUST have this on my phone, I will never buy another Samsung product again, which is sad. I have been a loyal Samsung customer for decades.

pcofranc
First Poster
Options

4//5/2022 - Just called the 800# and the rep said 2 factor authentication is mandatory and cannot be disabled.  He mentioned the alternative work-arounds like using your phone to and generating the onetime used backup codes and if the all get used up more can be generated by clicking get codes.

0 Likes
Bambisaeed
First Poster
Options

Who did u contact about the verification code cause it doesn't matter how many tome I request the code it isn't coming through and cannot reset my phone without getting into my samaung account

0 Likes