Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Query

(Topic created on: 03-02-2023 09:26 PM)
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
I've been part of the upgrade programme for a good few years and after getting that fed up with klarna I didn't bother upgrading last year.
First time I've not upgraded after 12 months therefore the first time I've paid the 24 months & owned a phone (S21 Ultra) outright. 
I got the email saying my upgrade window was open and I'm interested in upgrading this year so I, tentatively, went so far through it to see how it went. 
First screen I got to was to provide the details of my S21 ultra. Why is this? 
I own this outright and was hoping to have it as a spare in case of emergency. 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Ziddy
Helping Hand
Options
Because you're going through the upgrade window, it's assuming you're upgrading?

As you've paid for your phone, REJOIN as a first timer, you won't have the 'exchange' options.
DON'T use the 'upgrade' window
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you for replying.
I'm guessing if I start as a new customer with the Samsung flex option then I'll be able to upgrade in a year like I've done in the past?
0 Likes
Ziddy
Helping Hand
Options
Yes. Just go as if new customer.
The other, you're following an upgrade link so it thinks you want to trade in your old phone
Ziddy
Helping Hand
Options
Just reapply to join the upgrade program
Todderik18
Navigator
Options
Offer your paid off phone as a "trade in" not part of the upgrade programme, see how you get on
0 Likes
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
I want to keep my old phone.
0 Likes
CharlieHowes
Pathfinder
Options
Where do you reapply? I've gone almost all the way through the process this morning and can't see any option to join.
0 Likes
Ziddy
Helping Hand
Options
https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/
Don't sign in, pay using Klarna.
I rejoined last year, totally by accident coz Samsung's site messed up.
Ended up with 2 upgrade programmes running together. Had to contact them to ended the original and exchange the S21 Ultra.
As a result, I also got free Disney+ for a year 🤣