Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade in late because of post service

(Topic created on: 01-02-2024 06:28 AM)
Members_pBHPTwH
First Poster
Options

Basically what the title says. I received my S24U last friday and send my old device back after the weekend on Tuesday. I got 7 days to return the device so that would be tomorrow. I had to ship with Post NL and when tracking the package it still says "calculating delivery time". I know there is a delay in their service as there are protests across the country from farmers blocking the roads and all but does anyone know if the return needs to be in their possession within 7 days or returned within 7 days?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Bhvs
Explorer
Options
You need to send it from your end within the time frame.

Let's say that once you send your parcel and if it is stuck in the post office for more than one month, that's not your problem.
But yes, your phone will be processed once they receive it. If your phone has an issue, they can reject your trade-in device.
0 Likes
DrMips
Pathfinder
Options
When I traded in my S21 Ultra for a Fold 4 it took a month before they acknowledged that the trade in was fine. Tracking was useless as the post office said it was at their sorting office.

When I traded in my S23 Ultra for the S24 Ultra I sent it special delivery (cost me £8.10) but they processed it and sent me a confirmation on the day it arrived. I think they prioritise people who pay postage.

I wouldn't worry as long as you have proof that you sent it within 7 days.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
When has it changed to 7 days? I've always been given 14 days.
0 Likes
Dave141
First Poster
Options

Hey there! 🇮🇪 I had a concern and reached out to support. Here's what they said:

"Thanks for your email. We're currently focused on the S24 launch and sending out labels for trade-in devices as quickly as we can. You should get yours in the next 5-7 business days, even though it's beyond the 7-day window. Don't worry, you won't be penalized for this delay. 

0 Likes
Members_pBHPTwH
First Poster
Options

Update on this:

On 02.02.2024 the track and trace said it was delivered to the company that handles the trade in devices, i have yet to receive a confirmation from them. Mailed them and they basicly let me know they have lot's of returns to process... 

Now today i got a notification from Samsung on my new device saying that my device will be locked within a week because they have not received my device... The number they provide doesn't work as i get the "this number is not in use" message. Chatting doesn't help as they need to forward my case, they just made a ticket for me and can't answer on anything i ask. Still waiting for them to contact me back from my first contact so yeah...

First time i have to contact Samsung and it has been horrible.

1000000420.jpg

0 Likes