Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s22 Trade In - Lock?

(Topic created on: 28-04-2022 08:07 PM)
Cocomochi
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Same as everyone else, I posted my device over a week ago (have evidence receipt and picture from post office) - tracking number still says with the post office since Fri 22/04 and deadline was 27/04. Phone will be locked in 72 hours, tried contacting samsung but not much help.

Has anyone had a positive experience of getting the issue fixed? I honestly feel so nervous and can't sleep. I'm supposed to be going on holiday and have no idea how I will be able to contact/navigate without my phone.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Cocomochi 

From what I've read Samsung lock as a last resort if it appears the terms have not been met by the person involved.

Of course there are exceptions to this that's happened unfortunately to some.

I see you say you've tried contacting Samsung.

Did you speak to anyone and if so what did they say ?

If your in the UK you could email Samsung via support@samsunguk.zendesk.com 

I can't say Samsung won't lock your phone so as a just incase scenario they do I'd suggest to take a back up phone.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Cocomochi: Did you use the pre-paid packaging provided by the Trade In Team to return your existing device? If so, and if you have documentation to show that you have posted it, then I recommend that you contact the Trade In Team directly on 0333 207 9676 or helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk where an advisor will be able to assist you further. 

0 Likes
Cocomochi
First Poster
Options

Hi, yes to both. 

Just no responses from that email address. I'll try call again tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Likes
B12UMMY
Voyager
Options
Did you receive an email from Samsung acknowledging that they have received your phone.? If yes, then try contacting Klarna. You will have to send them copies of your post office receipts and a screen shot of the email. Ask them to sort it out with Samsung otherwise you will be charged for 2 handsets like they did with me. If you haven't got an email from Samsung then try calling them.
0 Likes
DragonWolf5589
Pathfinder
Options
I've heard so many of these im really anxious. Even a friend has had this issue. I upgraded my postage to special delivery so cost me £8.94 but means I've got a signiture and insurance up to £500 AND I filmed myself removing accounts and factory resetting and imei number and no damages or issues and packing the whole thing so much its impossible it would be "empty box" or "damaged phone"
0 Likes