Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung dropped the ball this year

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 02:47 PM)
Bhadesh
Journeyman
Options

I originally PRE -ordered the samsung Galaxy s22 512gb in online exclusive red along with the S8 tablet using the 200 credit samsung provided, it was originally to be delivered on March 4th, The day came and no tracking info or new updates on my order. I waited until March 10th then called to see if they had any updates for me and Samsung could not provide any updates so i told them to just cancel the Phone portion of the order  since the table was to be delivered on the 14th, the rep (needs more training) cancelled my entire order , so now not only am i not getting my phone (Planning to get it from my carrier cause they were offering a deal), i am also not getting my tablet. I told him to reinstate the tablet portion of my order as i did not want to place a new order and have to wait even longer now to get it. He said he did it and it should show that it was reinstated, i waited for an hour and the status never changed so i called back and asked for a supervisor and they told me the order for the tablet was not reinstated and they could not. Frustrated with them after hanging up i called t-mobile to see if i can get the deal they were offering ($1000 off the new device with trade in of my S21 plus) and they told me the deal expired the day before. Thanks to samsung and me waiting for updates i missed out on t-mobiles deal. even more frustrated and really wanting the phone i placed another order on samsungs website with an expected shipping date of 03/31/2022. I just checked the status of my order and the date has been pushed to April 18th WTF.... I had none of these issues last year when getting my s21 plus, this year it seemed like samsung was not ready, just wanted to take peoples money but make them wait with no communication on orders. Don't think they understand the meaning of the prefix PRE (1:earlier than : before · 2 : beforehand · 3 : in front of) whole purpose of the preorder was to always get your device before they drop in store as i have been a customer of samsung since 2008 and have preordered Galaxy devices as long as i could remember and always got my device before it was available in stores. This year was a totally different experience and now i am forced to wait for a device i don't think i even want anymore and may even end up cancelling the 2nd order. I have always recommended people to get a samsung device and order online but this year i will definitely be singing a different tune. YOU DROPPED THE BALL SAMSUNG, just lost a bunch of customer cause i am sure i am not the only wow super annoyed and frustrated with their BS.

17 REPLIES 17
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Do you not realise there is a global chip shortage affecting all manufacturers? This has lead to Google delaying their new phone. Some carriers may have stock if you're lucky.
0 Likes
DarkBahamut
Pioneer
Options

That's a pretty lousey excuse. Samsung are the people making the vast majority of the components for these phones, they know exactly how many of them they can make. They know what the stock levels will be like. They know what they're distribution will be like. What do they give to customers? ***** all, that's what.

Maybe stop being blinded by your position here and stop defending a company that's made a total s***show of this entire pre-ordering process.

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You really have no idea, do you? There is a heavy reliance on China for microchips. It has affected many industries. China locked down again recently so it is impossible to forecast events like this which affects the global supply chain. So, no, they don't know what stock levels will be.
Samsung are not alone with this. Face the reality.

Blinded by my position? That's right, if all else fails, try and make it personal. That's pretty pathetic.

tesh66
Explorer
Options

I think that lot of rubbish  if there  a chip stortage   then samsung should stop orders on their web site  they are still accepting orders  that make no sense 

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Just a post to say please be nice to each other, and to make it clear that we’ve never expected our Community Superusers/Samsung Makers to be uncritical of the company. Their position is based on how they contribute to the Community itself.

I believe Pugs1957 is just offering some insight into the wider situation from their own knowledge for everyone to consider and factor into the discussion.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

From my perspective the shortage of microchips is obviously a factor, obviously realise some customers are frustrated though.  I would say that sometimes Samsung have not updated customers sufficiently.

on another point I think it helps if  Members use paragraphs in long posts ,we are not a grammatical society but some users  will skip by walls of text.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You clearly don't understand how business works. Please inform yourself and read Why the global chip shortage is making it so hard to buy a PS5 - The Verge

0 Likes
Bhadesh
Journeyman
Options

Honestly if i am paying money for a product , i don't give a (insert bad word here) about any shortages. As a manufacturer don't take peoples money and then don't deliver on the date you give. Dont call it "PRE-order" if you cant deliver on the Prefix .

Bhadesh
Journeyman
Options

you go kiss Samsung's ass elsewhere. Don't tell me how to act after spending my money *****. defend them as much as you want but as a fellow pug owner SAMSUNG is wrong and so are you.  Cant predict the supply chain, hmmm haven't the release of the PS 5 taught them nothing, how about better prep next time before telling people to PRE-order and get their phone a month after it drops in store, that's more like a POST-order. Its not like the said chip shortage just came up yesterday, lol . SILLY rabbit tricks are for kids.