Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung dropped the ball this year

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 02:47 PM)
Bhadesh
Journeyman
Options

I originally PRE -ordered the samsung Galaxy s22 512gb in online exclusive red along with the S8 tablet using the 200 credit samsung provided, it was originally to be delivered on March 4th, The day came and no tracking info or new updates on my order. I waited until March 10th then called to see if they had any updates for me and Samsung could not provide any updates so i told them to just cancel the Phone portion of the order  since the table was to be delivered on the 14th, the rep (needs more training) cancelled my entire order , so now not only am i not getting my phone (Planning to get it from my carrier cause they were offering a deal), i am also not getting my tablet. I told him to reinstate the tablet portion of my order as i did not want to place a new order and have to wait even longer now to get it. He said he did it and it should show that it was reinstated, i waited for an hour and the status never changed so i called back and asked for a supervisor and they told me the order for the tablet was not reinstated and they could not. Frustrated with them after hanging up i called t-mobile to see if i can get the deal they were offering ($1000 off the new device with trade in of my S21 plus) and they told me the deal expired the day before. Thanks to samsung and me waiting for updates i missed out on t-mobiles deal. even more frustrated and really wanting the phone i placed another order on samsungs website with an expected shipping date of 03/31/2022. I just checked the status of my order and the date has been pushed to April 18th WTF.... I had none of these issues last year when getting my s21 plus, this year it seemed like samsung was not ready, just wanted to take peoples money but make them wait with no communication on orders. Don't think they understand the meaning of the prefix PRE (1:earlier than : before · 2 : beforehand · 3 : in front of) whole purpose of the preorder was to always get your device before they drop in store as i have been a customer of samsung since 2008 and have preordered Galaxy devices as long as i could remember and always got my device before it was available in stores. This year was a totally different experience and now i am forced to wait for a device i don't think i even want anymore and may even end up cancelling the 2nd order. I have always recommended people to get a samsung device and order online but this year i will definitely be singing a different tune. YOU DROPPED THE BALL SAMSUNG, just lost a bunch of customer cause i am sure i am not the only wow super annoyed and frustrated with their BS.

17 REPLIES 17
Bhadesh
Journeyman
Options

WHO cares. we are frustrated customers and have the right to express. THANK YOU!!!

Bhadesh
Journeyman
Options

DONT CARE!!! i am a frustrated customer and by right expressing my frustration. the chip shortage isn't something new so they should have planned better and limited online orders. That's called being smart. I have been a Samsung user and have always advocated for them and this year that has completely changed.

nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
Samsung keeps overpromising and underdelivering
Bhadesh
Journeyman
Options

listen as i said its not like the chip shortage is new, they should have been better prepared and limited online orders. I work as a business analyst so maybe they need better Ops staff.

nico81arg
Pathfinder
Options
The point is that at least sony don't sell PS5 that they don't have. While samsung keeps selling phones that don't have.
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Please read the link I posted. I was not using PS5 as an example. It is small fry in the grand scheme of things selling 17 million units last year compared to Samsung phone sales of 272 million. THe purpose was to expalin the difficulties faced by manufacturers and why the production line has to keep rolling. As an aside Samsung are building a huge factory in the US to manufacture. microchips. A global economy seems very much a failure.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

You are doing more than expressing your frustration. You are being obnoxious and making personal attacks. BTW did your local garage by a load of fuel at the cheaper price because they planned for something unforseen? Explain that!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

I've removed the latest post, and am closing this thread. Folks have ignored my advice above, and as such the topic has become less of a potentially insightful and informative discussion of the situation and more one of personal attacks and retaliation.

Our Community Terms of Service and Guidelines are here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-terms-of-service/m-p/92#M1 and: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/news-rules-faqs/community-guidelines/m-p/97#M2 for anyone who needs to re-aquaint themselves with them and the idea that we're aiming for a place of mutual respect here regardless of differences of opinion.

Cheers.