Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S23 promotional issue.

(Topic created on: 11-02-2023 11:01 AM)
Carlvig
Pathfinder
Options
Couldn't help but feel a bit short changed when purchasing the S23 Ultra with promotion of 10% off entire order when adding another mobile product to my basket. All good and well, however when you do the trade in, you only get the 10% discount on the remaining balance and NOT the entire order. Yet when you go to other retail sites you can by the S23 bundle deal with 10% off already included and afterwards do the the same trade in.
I've tried to claim for the price promise, but seems impossible as its not as straightforward as just taking screenshot of prices.
Chatted to agent who couldn't help me either but acknowledged the issue. 
Who else experienced this or didn't even notice?
12 REPLIES 12
Kathie1404
Pathfinder
Options
This promotion didn't come in until a few days after launch so those who ordered first off missed out totally. I wonder how many noticed that?
But yes agree it's unfair but this whole ordering process and how it's been dealt with has been. The agents you speak to just pay lip service to your complaints and for me personally have not been able to assist with my issues. And I still haven't got my phone 😏😏
Esurient
Pioneer
Options
The promotion for saving 10% when ordering buds or watches etc with the phone was live on the first day, as I took advantage of the offer.

I've just tried to replicate my order and it's more expensive than what I paid.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Most of us on here cancelled order and reordered

I got S23 Ultra, green leather case and screen protector cheaper than cose of original phone order including trade I

I only paid £630 with S22 Ultra as trade in, which I think was pretty good
Carlvig
Pathfinder
Options
Not sure what cancelling and reordering has to do with the post.
For the record so did I.
I also did the trade in with my S22 Ultra that I paid full price for, not sure if its really that good of a deal.
The point I am making is that even yourself only got the 10% off the remaining balance for the S23 Ultra after the trade in , minus the £600 odd and not on the total amount of your order.
Eg:
S23 Ultra + case = about £1300 ,10% discount = £130

S23U + case - trade in = £700, 10% discount =£70.
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well I never paid full price for my s22U, and even if I did, I still think its pretty good deal

Anywhere that will take my old phone and give me a discount on a new phone is great

That's just my opinion, cose you don't have to upgrade, we choose to
0 Likes
Carlvig
Pathfinder
Options
Fair enough and I chose to myself, just feel short changed when you can literally get the deal cheaper from other retailers than on Samsung.com that there is clearly a mistake.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I think you gotta think about it this way

If the other offers didn't exist would you still brought it?

So you didn't really lose anything and if you gonna spend this much money on a phone, the discount difference is quite small in the grand scheme of things

I think youre just winding yourself up, it not worth the stress, an I mean this is most sincere way
0 Likes
Carlvig
Pathfinder
Options
🤣🤣 not stressed about it at all, it's the principle of loyalty and yes irrespective of the phone cost £60 in my world is quite a bit of money. At the the end of the day bought the phone though, as I am a loyal Samsung mobile fan and been for many years.
What is really stressing me out though is that Dpd failed delivery twice, attempting to deliver at an unknown address, thank goodness they weren't home. Hopefully 3rd attempt will be a charm.
0 Likes
Chistery
Pathfinder
Options
I've been sent a £150 voucher from Samsung for the s23 ultra for being a loyal customer. Bit annoyed about it all now!
0 Likes