Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price promise

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 12:49 AM)
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Feel a bit cheated regarding Samsungs price promise offer. I pre-ordered the S23 Ultra at £1599 on 1st Feb. I then received an email a couple of days later advising of a price drop to £1399 and the chance to claim back the difference. However, I had to wait until I actually received the new phone before I could claim, because Samsung needed the serial/imei number. I received the phone yesterday but to my disappointment I didn't qualify for the cash back because the claim had to be done within 7 days of ordering. Who actually got their S23 within 7 days!!! I think Samsung need to look at this and reconsider the timescales.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I can certainly understand your feelings on this.

£200 is a big saving.

I recall when Samsung reduced that particular 1Tb model for new pre orders quite soon after launching the initial pre ordering giving the £200 saving straightaway. 

Many took up the new price by cancelling their Pre Order and then starting again,

I wasn't aware Samsung were making the offer available to people who stayed with their original Pre Order for the phone to be delivered and then be given £200 back by claiming it. 

Could you upload a bit of the email from Samsung advising this obviously taking care not to include any personal information. 

Look carefully at any small print in the email for this 7 days stipulation.

Some purchasers were indeed receiving the phone's pretty fast.

You do have 14 days to return the phone as a last resort but do look at the email and if there's no 7 days stipulation then contact Samsung again to lay your case.

Pre ordering is still live until this Thursday 16th of February with the £200 off that 1Tb model.

I appreciate disposable income could play a part or if you used some other option to finance the first purchase.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎  

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Waddid
Student
Options
You need to keep on at Samsung about this. I was exactly the same ordered on the 1st and then got the email to say there was a new promotion and price match. Cut a long story short my claim was approved. I received my phone I think about the 7/8th Feb. It might not get paid for 45 days though! So if that is true and your supposed to claim within 7 days, seems a bit unfair. 🤷
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Agreed. Email did stipulate 7 days but how on earth could they ever honour it if people were waiting nearly 2 weeks for delivery.
0 Likes
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I have also decided not to cancel my order and make a Price Promise claim instead, which I am now starting to regret.
They have been asking for more and more and more documents for days now, and they now want me to send them documents and provide price breakdown (which can be clearly seen in the order confirmation email that I got from Samsung. Just needs a little math) and so on.
It's becoming humiliating, if they care about their customers so much why not automatically refund the difference?

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
MadalinK
Hotshot
Options
I made the claim even though I didn't receive my S23 Ultra yet. I just chose NO when I was asked if I have the IMEI number and I was later asked via email for a screenshot of the IMEI and a picture of the phone's box, which I sent over. What was important is to have the claim logged in.

Current phone : Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G 512GB
0 Likes
StargazerUK
Navigator
Options
Just found this thread. I will agree the pre order bonus launch on the 1TB could of been handled better.

I like MadalinK kept my order as I did not want to reapply for credit. I looked on the claims website and filled out all the details and photos and was approved without hassle but its going to take time for the extra 100 to come back. The 7 day period could of been a bit longer to be fair as the receipt had not been sent but thankfully they took my email as proof.
Robin999
Big Cheese
Options
Trouble is myself and probably others didn't realise we could start the claim even though we didn't have all the info Samsung needed. Email doesn't make that clear.
0 Likes