Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment for swapped Samsung Galaxy S20fe

(Topic created on: 10-03-2024 02:51 PM)
Erni7
Student
Options
I traded in Samsung Galaxy S20fe when I bought my Samsung Galaxy S24 +, and I am being asked to pay MTR GROUP Limited £50. MTR GROUP LIMITED sent me a message alleging 'screen burn' and 'apps visible on default background' with pictures attached. I can't make out the so-called 'damage' from the pictures sent as the pictures looks good. I feel like I'm being taxed for swapping and, used to pay for services rendered by MTR GROUP Limited to Samsung UK. Is anyone in a similar situation as mine?
1 REPLY 1
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there @Erni7

MTR are Samsung's Trade In partner. For myself I've found them genuine and reliable to date.

In the T&C's of your trade in, one of the key facts that you had to tick to confirm related to screen burn (I know this as I did the same with a pixel 6 pro). As they have found an issue, you do have choices:

1. Accept the revised offer and pay the £50
2. Decline the revised offer and ask them to return your trade in. You'll have to pay the full value of trade in offered to you when you checked out.

You could ask for a second opinion but from experience I've not seen posts detailing success I'm afraid.

Also not sure about your "taxed" comment, nothing to do with government.
0 Likes