Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered Fold 5 - Worst experience ever!

(Topic created on: 11-10-2023 02:11 PM)
Members_XHsczgU
Student
Options

I never planned to order a Fold 5.  I was happy with my Fold 3 until it needed a screen replacement.  To cut a long story short... I'm 2 weeks into the order and they have already missed the delivery date.  I have been told they had issues with their internal ordering system so ALL orders were impacted.  I am now told that the 'exclusive' colour is the problem and that it will take another 3-4 weeks for them to receive stock.  

No-where does it mention on their website that there is a delay of any type.  If I order a standard colour now I might get it quicker but I won't receive all the discounts and extras I got for it as they have now all expired.  (The only reason I ordered the exclusive was because it was the only one that had 512GB).  

The support team don't seem to care, I can't speak to a manager, there is no complaints team.  All I can do is hope that more stock arrives soon.  In the meantime I have no mobile phone.  

I have always bought Samsung and Android.  I even stuck with them during the Note7 issues.  At this rate I would be better off repairing the old Fold 3 or moving to Pixel or even bloomin Apple!  Their customer support is prob no better but I this experience has pushed it to the limit!

Is anyone else experiencing the same delay issues?

11 REPLIES 11
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I have read loads of stories about warehouse issues and issues with the computer system. Hopefully soon they will get there act together as next month I will be ordering a tab s9 ultra. All I will say is don't move to apple based just on customer service. Their customer service is the reason I'm on samsung now lol. Never had any issues ordering with samsung in the past.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Agree I hate when there is any issue but the website doesn't state so.

Anyway I found Apple service far superior and face to face with my sons devices before he turned to Samsung.

Samsung customer service has been a disaster since 2019.
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Glad you experienced good customer service from apple. For me they opened a brand new 14 pro max 3 times to fix it in the end I just returned it a moved to samsung. Samsung have never let me down but my time will come I'm very sure of that. My luck with phones is rock bottom.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
For me the Samsung repair partner are lying, thieving crooks, experience with my Fold3, Flip3 being the most recent fiasco.
REGARDS, OBSYDIAN - Car & Tech Evangelist / 2 decades of Samsung Ownership
DAILY: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Buds Pro2, 20,000 Power bank, Smart Tags
OFFICE: Book2 Pro i7 [Laptop], M70A 32” [Monitor], Samsung Level [Speaker]
GAMING: M70A 43” [Monitor], Book2 Pro i5, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptops]
FAMILY: ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S7 Plus, Buds Pro2
SPARE: Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], ZFlip3
AV: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears],
KITCHEN: MC32K7055 [Microwave], S65DG54M3B1 [Fridge] Jet 75 (Vacuum)
NON-SAMSUNG: iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2, Phone 12
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Yea that's the issue with samsung they use partners I don't understand why they lie though they may as well just do the repair and claim the money from samsung lol. I was just very lucky, with my s21 they just offered brand new boxed replacement or full refund. Whereas apple where terrible insiting that they opened up and 7 day old phone. In the end they did sent me out a brand new after I had returned it as good will but by then the damage and weeks of stress sleepless nights was done and the ultra had be purchased so I literally just gave the replacement away 🤣
Ab_1234
Explorer
Options
Hiya. I have the exact same issue. Ordered on the 22/09 for a planned delivery on 28/09. No update from the website. No email to reschedule or explain the delay. CS team can't give any advice. My online account is not updated and still showing as processing for the 28th of September even though it's now the 11th of October. It's terrible.Screenshot_20231006_172154_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20231006_172824_Outlook.jpg
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Is that one of them exclusive colours? When I ordered my ultra I wanted the blue but was scared for this exact reason so went for black. I has heard they basically factory order the phone and it gets built, have also heard there is problems with the system I hope you get your phone soon
Ab_1234
Explorer
Options
Hi. Yeah it is an exclusive colour. I had no idea that would have to build and import it. I wouldn't have ordered if I'd known the delivery time was this long otherwise 🤣
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
The thing is sometimes it will say 4-6 weeks delivery's then sometimes it will say its in stock but it isn't they usually store a few. They just need to get the system sorted out. It's probably a mac 🤣🤣
0 Likes