Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT TRUST SAMSUNG TRADE IN!

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Darkotix
Journeyman
Options
So I recently traded my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G in for £250 off of the S24 Ultra. My Note 20 was immaculate as I had kept it in a heavy duty armour case with built in screen protector. They received my phone and when processing it sent me an e-mail asking for £75 to be paid to MTR Group Ltd because the "device had been tampered with and had its screen replaced." The phone has never had any issues, so I've never had anything done to it whatsoever. I am refusing to pay and have requested my phone be returned as I could sell it myself for a better amount. Be very careful.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Darkotix
Journeyman
Options
as a follow up I can see that they've done it to many other customers. I will be reporting this to trading standards.1715256712753.jpg1715256712768.jpg1715256712790.jpg1715256712810.jpg
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Did you buy the Note 20 brand new?
0 Likes
Darkotix
Journeyman
Options
Yes from Very I think. The phone still looked new apart from a few minor scratches near the charger port when missing while inserting the cable.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I am aware that some customers have had bad experiences with MTR  , a number of Members here though  have reported no issues and have found the process satisfactory.   Review sites do not always give a true picture, not minimising frustrations though.

For your own protection it is best to take photographic evidence before forwarding.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Too many horror stories around trade ins so I never do a trade in.

I'd be pissed off as well especially when your phone is in immaculate condition.

I believe Samsung uses third parties for these trade ins and most of the time that's the issue also depends which country you are guess.

I just keep my old phones as backup or pass it on to my less techy family members for free.
Darkotix
Journeyman
Options
I kinda wish I kept it as a backup now too. I'll definitely never trade in again.
Darkotix
Journeyman
Options
So because I kicked up a fuss and threatened legal action, they processed my phone without charging me, saying they had it looked at by another technician. I'll still be reporting it to an ombudsmen and I'll be e-mailing Samsung about it too because they're obviously trying to scam people.
0 Likes