Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my Samsung QLED TV (75" Q900RA) have a "weak network card" ?

(Topic created on: 10-12-2020 12:38 AM)
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

This might be a problem that is not located on my 75" Q900RA TV (or One Connect Box), but for a couple of weeks now I have experienced a lot of buffering when watching 4K (even when down to 1440p) videos on YouTube - on the internal app on the TV. I have a 500/500 internet connection which I plan to do through an ethernet cable (with a TP-Link Switch), but this has worked fine for the first couple of weeks when I just got the new internet provider and got this new speed. What is strange is that the screen sometimes goes black for half a second when it buffers when this problem occurs. One of the service people (who not visited me at home, nor do they know what kind of a TV I have, though I have mentioned I have a newer model of the 8K Samsung TVs), claims that the TV set (mine) most likely have a weak network card, which I find ridiculous and an ambush to look for a problem other than the internet provider themselves. Bear also in mind that it was they who set up everything with a central, modem, installed cables and everything at my home - so this set up should work without having to go the cable connection route... I have however just ordered the TP-Link Switch, so I will do the internet through cable directly connected to my TV.

Here are some specs a friend of mine asked me to show on a few random 2140p 4K YouTube videos:

130803745_119042273276887_7916166996859478984_n.jpg

130345273_211201723802022_844827380718721805_n.jpg

Can someone give me feedback on the network card my Q900RA TV has, and if it is a "weak" card that might affect 4K streaming on YouTube ?

0 Likes
127 REPLIES 127
ivaylos
Explorer
Options

@PeerNorway Please give me the link to this topic. I would like to reply to this "moderator".

Edit: I found it.

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

By the way, notice that there is a new YouTube app-version now (but still the same problem): web_20210124_00_RC00

0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

HEY SAMSUNG ! ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING ????????? MY TV IS EVEN DEFAULTING ON 1080P VIDEOS !!!!!!!

0 Likes
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi @PeerNorway 

Sorry for the radio silence on my part. I talked to my colleague over at TV just now. As I mentioned the last time we spoke, the issue has been acknowledged, and Samsung and YouTube is still working on the solution. I will update you as soon as I know more and when it has been solved.

// ElinH
0 Likes
PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

I am sorry but I am losing my patient now. This has taken months, and I have had costs of getting a new internet installed and buying extra equipment - as Samsung would not acknowledge at first that it was NOT their TV that it was something wrong with - and now I am having to wait more after Samsung finally acknowledge my problem (which did take a lot of time and frustration and money). This should be a really easy quick fix to find out exactly WHY this is happening to my rather expensive 75" 8K TV. First Samsung screws me with this HDMI 2.1 port, and have me wait months asking me to do this and that.... Then I get a replacement one connect box and it turns out it does not really have a HDMI 2.1 port - and I once again have to spend weeks and months looking into this - and then I finally get some vague reply that it is not a HDMI 2.1 port but it will accept 8K (but only in 60p), which I probably will never get to experience.... 

....and now this 4K issue, having to watch 360p on a big 75" 8K TV that has cost me thousands of kroner ! Months of frustration.... 

You are not only stretching but actually tearing up my patients now. I am stuck with a non-fuctional TV, and have to shortcuts which is not acceptable for me to have to go through all this ! I am actually sick of this ! Having a TV for one and half years without being able to fully use for what I bought it for ! By not taking responsibility and always blaming other stuff is making me really angry and upset. And you have to understand that I have waisted a lot of money on a TV and extra costs on this - for NO REASON !

What kind of rights do I have for paying so much for a TV that will never give me the 8K experience - and now not even 4K ? What about the emotional cost, and the cost of me having to use a lot of energy and frustration ?

These are difficult times, and I have to deal with this for months on top of this ???

JEG VIL VITE HVORFOR MIN TV IKKE FUNGERER SOM DEN SKAL GJØRE ! JEG ER DRITTLEI AV Å VENTE I DET UENDELIGE PÅ AT DERE - SOM HAR ALL INFORMASJON OM DET TEKNISKE MED MIN TV - SKAL FORTELLLE MEG HVORFOR ??????!!!!!

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

AND this also goes for 1080p videos which also now default to 360p. !

Humorsopa
Pathfinder
Options

Exactly on point Peer. And you, @ElinH, who think that I was overreacting when I wrote my posts! All these problems, and then the eARC issue isn't even included in the overall frustration for his TV, and mine (Q950R), and also the Q90R. The massive critique you get in forums and groups on Facebook, where promises have been made from Samsung representatives all over the world that it will be fixed in a firmware update, and even claimed that the eARC issue HAS BEEN fixed in your current firmware (1374), which is absolutely wrong, and yet another lie. You make promises, and then underdelivers. In the "Samsung QLED Tv Owners" Facebook group there are almost 7000 members, and the frustration and anger is huge concerning Samsung not delivering on their promises. This includes both eARC (your absolute biggest failure so far when looking at your constant promises since almost one year back) , the AV1 codec, the useless OCB box swap (for Peer and all other Q900RA owners) which you said would bring the proper HDMI 2.1-PORT, but of course it didn't. Just some tweaked 2.0b-ish port making it (maybe) possible to use for 8k@60Hz content, but no gaming with the new consoles in 120hz which is one of the main features of HDMI 2.1 and extremely important when it comes to the new game consoles!

And now this?! Having the guts to directly blame youtube for a problem that only affects one specific model in your lineup, the Q900RA? That's actually beyond all dignity, since youtube native app works correctly on ALL other Samsung QLEDS, and running YouTube from an external source to the Q900RA works just perfect!

We have had enough. Just acknowledge these problems please and just fix them once and for all, instead of keep blaming others or making promises that you can not keep. 

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

I just got off the phone with Forbrukerrådet in Norway. They are very clear: Samsung should give me a 75" 8K TV that in 8K !!! They told me I have been patient for so many months now - I think one and half year !!! They told me they would take my case, but it is a 5-month waiting time as they have a lot of do. They gave me a telephone number to a lawyer that they refer to if they want this to go faster. The problem is that I do not have the health or money to go through this process !

I am so furious and angry that I am shaking right now... I am being constantly being reminded about this very single day, many times a day........... 

There is no explanation as to why Samsung TVs are acting this way - or where the problem is located. There is not even a comforting about this issue ever being fixed. With the months passing, and the way this is being ignored. Just take look at the UK forum, many threads are not being responded by any of the many moderators there - even the longest thread about this issue has absolutely no posts by a Samsung representative - I got a very short message when addressing this in a short post I made, to address this problem to YouTube when I constantly said: Why is my TV acting this way, where is the problem located on my TV......

On top of that, I have had forum members contacting me privately. Some have sold their TV WITH A LOSS OF MONEY but that is not an option for me ! I want my TV to work for what I have paid my money for !

All this silence and stretching out the time for weeks and months...........

FAEN ! GÅR DET IKKE ANN Å FORTELLE MEG HVORFOR ? HVOR MANGE GANGER MÅ JEG GJENTA MEGSELV ? HVORFOR, HVORFOR, HVORFOR ????? HVOR ER PROBLEMET PÅ MIN TV ???? HVA ER DET MED MIN TV SOM GJØR AT JEG NÅ IKKE EN GANG KAN SE PÅ 1080P VIDEOER PÅ YOUTUBE APPEN UTEN AT DEN DEFAULTER NED TIL 360P PÅ EN 75 TOMMERS 8K TV  ??? FÅ EN TEKNIKER TIL Å SVARE OG IKKE LA DET GÅR IGJENNOM EN SOM IKKE ER TEKNISK SOM BARE SKAL VIDEREFØRE EN BESKJED !!!

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

NEW YouTube app update ! 

web_20210127_00_RC00

My TV suddenly stopped with a black screen and changed to 4K without me doing anything. I have tested a few videos (including the Will Smith sniper movie clip) and sometimes I need to manually change to 4K, but it runs smoothly in 4K after that. However, bear in mind that this might be short-lived happiness as usually when a new version of the YouTube app has been installed (which happens automatically), 4K videos runs smoothly for a short while (maybe a few days), and then goes back to the problems of permanently buffering and defaulting to 360p again.

As usual, I keep asking "WHY ???

PeerNorway
Voyager
Options

As suspected: the buffering and defaulting are back ! I had to end several live streams (one which I was moderating). These were 1080p. streams that I had to just leave. I also had to give up a quite few videos I was watching as the interruptions are often. I really hate having to have a TV it like this !!! It is extra hard because of the lock down. The stress of this of having such an expensive TV that is not working and a completely non-response from Samsung are also taking a toll on me.