Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Switch not working for back up

(Topic created on: 31-03-2020 07:04 PM)
Esseven
Journeyman
Options

I've used Smart Switch before to back up my S7 to an external hard drive and it worked fine.  Now it won't work.  It connects and starts the backup and begins to "Load back up lists".  However, it now sticks on"messages" (shown on the PC app.)  The phone has the message "copying your stuff."

I've tried a soft reset on the advice of Samsung but this didn't resolve the situation.  The only other remedy they offered was to manually copy files across, which is possible but not as easy as it used to be with Smart Switch.  I've also uninstalled and re-installed both the app on the PC and the app on my S7.

My OS is Windows 10.

Any ideas on a solution, please?

8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@Esseven: If you're backing up your data to a PC, you don't need the Smart Switch app on your S7. With this in mind, can you try removing the app from your phone > Open Smart Switch on your PC > Connect your S7 via USB cable > Select the Backup tab.
0 Likes
Esseven
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

I uninstalled the Smart Switch from my S7 and opened the app on my PC and connected my phone.  The only option that was presented was to download the app to my phone again.  I had no option to back up.  I tried another back up with the app back on my phone but just got the same disappointing result as before, unfortunately. 

0 Likes
Esseven
Journeyman
Options

Can anyone take me forward on this one, please?

0 Likes
dbishy
Explorer
Options
Ok
0 Likes
Esseven
Journeyman
Options

Hello, dbishy.   Did you have a solution for me?

0 Likes
AndyErson
First Poster
Options

Hi Esseven. You're not alone. I have an identical setup i.e. trying to backup S7 to windows 10. It is stuck on "loading backup lists...(messages 37%"

Tried some of the suggestions like reinstall USB driver, reinstall Smart Switch on device, clear the cache, change the cable etc.

Tried running S7 in safe mode but it refuses to run downloaded SS app.

Agree it is very frustrating. Not altogether surprising. I've not had good experiences with Samsung software even back in the days of Kies backing up my S3.

0 Likes
WhipMeister
First Poster
Options

I wound up here after experiencing similar thing and searching for a solution. Stuck at x% with "Loading backup lists...". Message. It unstuck after I unlocked the lock screen on the phone and checked the option on the phone Smart Switch app to "Keep Screen On". Apparently, to me, anyway, the app freezes if the lock screen is activated.

0 Likes
_massimiliano_
Journeyman
Options

hi, i have the same issue, when i try to backup my a52 stuk on load Loading backup list of someting

0 Likes