Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S8+ Boot loop

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
Members_HsruRCp
First Poster
Options

Yesterday night my phone Froze while watching YouTube then shut itself down with no message, today when trying to turn it on, and boot into Recovery mode only managed to get to the installing updates screen in which it got stuck on and shut it self down again ( Can be seen on image attached) , since then I'm unable to get it to boot at all into any kind of menu. 

Photo of issue mentioned 

- It did not help the phone being on charge still the same result.
- Only menu i managed to get the phone to boot into is the Odin menu where it advises against a custom OS etc. But then it still froze and shutdown while being on that menu.

I have plenty of photos over the Last years and many memories I cant afford to lose. No backups where set due to the GB limit on existing options.

- Battery could be a issue from what I've read, but I would like some expert opinions from the Samsung community. What else could be the issue,  As i want to completely avoid wiping the phone as i will lose all my Data.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
Troubleshooting Steps for Samsung Galaxy S8

Soft Reset:

Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously for about 10-15 seconds. This might force the phone to restart.

Charge Properly:

Ensure you’re using the original Samsung charger and cable.Charge the phone for at least an hour, using a different outlet or power source if needed.

Safe Mode:

If the phone turns on, try booting into Safe Mode to determine if a third-party app is causing the problem.To enter Safe Mode: When the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the Volume Down button until the lock screen appears with “Safe mode” in the bottom-left corner.

Recovery Mode and Cache Partition:

Try to access the Recovery Mode again. If successful, clear the cache partition to resolve potential software issues without losing data.To enter Recovery Mode:Power off the phone.Press and hold the Bixby button, Volume Up button, and Power button simultaneously.Release all buttons when the Samsung logo appears.Use the volume buttons to navigate to “Wipe Cache Partition” and select it with the Power button.

Odin Mode:

If you can access Odin mode but the phone freezes, it might indicate a deeper issue. Avoid flashing firmware yourself if you’re not experienced, as it can lead to data loss.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As @DanAhmed says, but longtime ago, I had a similar issue with lots of photos. My advice is to connect to PC and see if you can find it as a drive and copy your media off.

If your flashing custom ROM is not worth it nowadays, then step 1 is always backup.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Members_HsruRCp
First Poster
Options

I'm not flashing custom ROM, just this screen I could get to without the phone freezing and going back into a boot loop.

Download Screen - This is the Screen i was mentioning in my original post. Do apologise for any confusion.

0 Likes
Members_HsruRCp
First Poster
Options

Soft Reset - Turns the Phone on to the Samsung screen, then just turns off without any message or vibration.

Charge Properly - Using original charging brick and cable

Safe Mode - Didn't work

Recovery Mode and Cache Partition - Managed to boot into recovery mode once, where i cleared cache. But still the same result Samsung screen and turns off or Rarely a boot loop.

Odin Mode - Trying to completely avoid this option, as i do not want to lose any kind of Data.

0 Likes
DanAhmed
Navigator
Options
Reminds me leaving it alone for a few days seemed to work, but maybe I got lucky.
0 Likes