Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy M11 stuck in an updating loop

(Topic created on: 05-02-2024 06:26 AM)
Tomas256
First Poster
Options

Hi, after the new update was requested on 4.2.2024 the phone is stuck in updating.

The update breaks up in 30% then the phone restarts again, and again and again. Impossible to turn off, or restart manually. No hard reset or recovery mode is possible - the phone doesn't react to anything, just keeps updating and failing to do so.

Sometimes a log is shown for a while (see the attachment).

What can I do, please?

20240204_135809.jpg

Thanks for any tips!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
If you cant get into the phone to action a factory reset then try clearing the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section.
Clear Cache Files from the phone's System Partition Section > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop or use a Tv's USB Port to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Tomas256
First Poster
Options

Thanks! Unfortunately, the phone simply ignores any action (buttons), it always directly starts the update (and fails). It is also impossible to switch it off as there is no removable battery. 

I tried everything but cannot get out of the failing update loop...

0 Likes
Talha Tahmid
First Poster
Options

Same problem 

0 Likes
GolulA
First Poster
Options

Exactly same issue and there is no way forward. What did you and other members do when caused this issue. This is so frustrating that Samsung phone does not even allow to do anything (includes hard reset, clear cache, or perform anything with OS). No option other than buying a new phone. I am disappointed with Samsung Android here. 

0 Likes
Tomas256
First Poster
Options

Yes, throwing the phone away is the only option... 😡

0 Likes