Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung j3 2016 battery issues

(Topic created on: 24-04-2019 02:24 PM)
Kachiu
Apprentice
Options

I work in a phone store, over the last week or so we’ve had at least 40 people come in with the j3 2016 having issues with the battery discharging rapidly. Some have bought replacement batteries and are still having the issue. Some have updates available, others are on the most  recent version of android for the phone. There doesn’t appear to be any app in the battery app that is misbehaving to suggest it’s the culprit. Can anyone confirm what would suddenly start all these phones discharging at the same time. Some phones are over 2 years old others have only been in use for about a year so there doesn’t seem to be any particular pattern that we can identify.

26 REPLIES 26
JayCG
First Poster
Options
My phone is still hopeless, ad it says that I already have the latest updates - but It hasn't been updated since before June.
0 Likes
Rahat
First Poster
Options

That's an odd one! What's the typical battery usage breakdown in Battery Usage you've seen? Any problems with mobile or Wi-Fi signal strength in your local area you're aware of? (I'm assuming your customers are coming from around where you're located, of course.)

0 Likes
Faisal_Z13
First Poster
Options

hey. its 1/12/2020 and i haven't got any update on my Samsung GALAXY J3 (2016) in my region. My phone(SM-J320F) is currently running android lollipop(5.1.1) since i bought it back in 2016 . and when i tried to update my phone, it says "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorized way. Try downloading software updates using Smart Switch on your compter or visit a costumer service center."
SOO i tried downloading software updates trough my computer using Smart Switch and it says: "your software device is up to date"
the last security patch i had was in 1 Dec,2017
what can i do to in order to get a new android version? i am DONE with samsung not staying up to date with their devices and not caring about the costumer's experience.

Llamalou81
First Poster
Options

10/2/2020

my Samsung j36 started having drainage problems about 3 months ago I've bought new chargers and batteries and I'm still having problems, for example my phone will have 70/80% battery life then all of a sudden it'll turn off, then when I plug the charger in it will say 0% then go back up to 70%, has anyone figured out the problem and how to fix it yet? 

0 Likes
IainClark
Apprentice
Options

No idea what is happening with these devices but mine has been completelly cured in the last couple of weeks for no apparent reason, I can't see any evidence of an upgrade of any kind.

My battery life had been absolutely hopeless with standby life (with just low usage) of about 18 hours, at some point (about 10 days ago) this has changed and I'm getting more like 3 days!

0 Likes
SandyH
Student
Options

My phone started doing the same thing just out of the blue. Samsung J3. I could never figure out what it was until the battery Had expanded to where I could put the case on it anymore. It got to where it would be stuck in a loop turn itself off and on and off and on until you plug the charger into the wall then it would come on. Didn't matter what the charge was on the battery they could be 10% or 100%. It would stay in the loop until the battery was dead. Did not take very long for this to happen. It would only stop the cycle by plugged into a charger. I went and got an iPhone…

0 Likes
SandyH
Student
Options
I had the. Same issue with my Samsung J3. At the same time. It was happening to all of you… But I live in the United States…?
0 Likes