Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 + problem: (Device Care) CPU overloading. Restart

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 08:54 PM)
jay4jo
Explorer
Options

Hi I keep getting a message saying that apps are making my CPU to overload and i need to restart my phone it's only just started to happen. Is there anybody who knows what i can do to fix this thanks in advance jay.

32 REPLIES 32
Lex0
Student
Options

Exact same issue with my s8+. This is NOT a coincidence that so many s8/S8+ have this issue, twice a day I need to restart because the battery is getting hot without anything running in the background and draining very fast.
I have tried uninstalling spotify but it did not help.

0 Likes
PlanB1
Apprentice
Options

've also had this problem for the last few months. getting more frequent. I've uninstalled various apps with no  change/ success.

Has factory reset resolved the problem for some? I'd gladly do this, if it is the solution, but if it would not resolve the problem then wouldn't want to do it

0 Likes
Lex0
Student
Options

I've actually resolved my issue. Bixby was the culprit and was using all of the CPU's resources.I don't even use bixby, so I disabled it entirely and I haven't had an issue since.

Try disabling bixby

CTellefsen
First Poster
Options

Hi, I got this message a few days ago on my Samsung S8+, restarted, then I got it again today.

Cheers,
Christian

0 Likes
FlammenMeer
First Poster
Options

Hey Folks,

I am a happy user of the S8+ for the last and love it!

But lately I've been getting this same issue and it makes me really upset. I have done all the powersaving, cash clearing, apps disabling actions with no luck.

And I'd also like to mention how random it is. The phone could run fine for a few days then boom, battery dies over night or over the day 1% a minute, give it or take. Phone overheats etc etc, the guys have already shared the symptoms.

Samsung team - please look into it. We love our devices and have paid a fortune to get them back in the day and at this moment I don't see a reason to upgrade to a newer device as long as the S8+ doesn't have this random issue.

Thanks

petrometro
Apprentice
Options

Pugs; is this as a reult of a firmware upgrade? I seem to remember one in July? Its on my S8+ as are the other owners on this thread. If it is a firmware upgrade is there a fix for it?

PlanB1
Apprentice
Options

As others have mentioned, By deactivating Bixby , it seemed to have solved the issue.

PlanB1
Apprentice
Options

Remove/ de-activate Bixby will solve this issue

Leelee72
Student
Options
Go to device care. Click on the three dots at the top and look at the app issue history. I found one transport app has been crashing every day at 5.45am, the same time as the CPU restart notification. Coincidence? I have deleted and will check tomorrow. Screenshot_20220906-204310_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20220906-204305_Device care.jpg
0 Likes
smg1
Helping Hand
Options
Your right..I'd forgotten about this option
0 Likes