Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 + problem: (Device Care) CPU overloading. Restart

(Topic created on: 11-04-2022 08:54 PM)
jay4jo
Explorer
Options

Hi I keep getting a message saying that apps are making my CPU to overload and i need to restart my phone it's only just started to happen. Is there anybody who knows what i can do to fix this thanks in advance jay.

32 REPLIES 32
Héctor Padilla
First Poster
Options

Same here, phone warming up, battery draining up very fast., restarting does nothing and we are unable to see which app is overloading CPU. Does anyone has been able to find a solution?

Joe Daou
Apprentice
Options

I've been experiencing an issue since the month of July 2022 started 

I changed nothing in my phone settings and applications, all is still the same as it was before, and no issues used to happen before. Battery was perfect

I go to sleep at 11 PM with my battery at 100%, no apps working, I used to wake up at 5 AM with th le battery still full

Now i wake up on daily basis with the battery dying, and a message from the device care saying:

Some apps or processes are overloading the system CPU, please restart the phone

Samsung team, what is happening?

Many other members are experiencing the same issue

A similar issue happened with iPhone users having old phones, so they buy new ones

#samsung-s8

olliehubb60
Explorer
Options
Try going to battery and device care and do a ram clear and if you have enhanced processing on the turn it of its been happening to me when I turned off enhanced processing it stopped and close any apps that are using more power when not ment should show you put app in deep sleep in battery and device care
0 Likes
olliehubb60
Explorer
Options
And turn on adaptive battery if already have it on ignore this post
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can you post your battery stats here? Settings, battery and device care, battery and tap the graph so we can see what's eating your charge.
0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all,

I’ve moved and merged some stuff to create this thread as it seems that this issue is affecting a few S8/S8+ users out there.

As Josh_S said in the similar S22 Ultra thread here, it’s best to send our software team error reports with log files for them to analyse. It might not be applicable for all folks in all countries (the team here are based in the UK & Ireland), but if you're able to send error reports with log files, please do so.

As soon as the issue occurs (within 15 minutes is best):

Samsung Members > Support > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > choose frequency of issue, and write an accurate and good description (and attach any screenshots/pictures/videos showing the issue if you want/are able to) > tick ‘Send system log data’ > Send (the > icon on the top right).

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select 'Error reports' from the dropdown menu, and follow the steps from there.)

0 Likes
Felipe ch
First Poster
Options

I'm getting the same message for about 3 weeks in my s 8 plus. Device care restarts it every day and it works for the rest of the day. 

0 Likes
wakeylad
First Poster
Options
Hi felipe been getting this since july phone getting warm and draining battery ok after restart. Sending logs to support reckon its first time they have seen this problem. Anyway just removed Spotify App and problem disapeared. Hope this helps
0 Likes
wakeylad
First Poster
Options
Try removing spotify if you have it. Cleared my similar problem since july. Hope this helps
0 Likes
wakeylad
First Poster
Options
Try removing spotify if you have it cured my problem oveloading cpu
0 Likes