Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Samsung A70 screen only sleeps when charging, keeps saying that the USB is connected then disconnected.

(Topic created on: 16-09-2019 03:09 PM)
ReturnOfTheMac
First Poster
Options

My Samsung a70 screen doesn't sleep when it's not charging, started after the phone gave me a moisture warning for moisture that wasn't there. The phone has never been wet and moisture warning started doing up while the phone was beside me while sleeping.  That moisture issue stopping after about a week,  now when it's not plugged in it acts as if there is a cable being connected and disconnected and the screen won't sleep.  This is killing my battery!  I have already asked for a replacement from my network provider but they won't replace it for me. Can anyone help? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options
@ReturnOfTheMac: Are you using the original charger that came with the A70? If so, do you have access to another charger that you can try to see if the problem persists? As a basic troubleshooting step please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts to refresh the software and address any temporary issues that may have arisen. I also recommend checking the USB port for any obstructions, and clearing any you find with compressed air or a soft bristled brush.
ReturnOfTheMac
First Poster
Options

I have tried another charger and the problem still persists. I have wiped the cache partition and done factory reset but didn't work.  Have checked for obstructions but nothing there either.  

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Thanks for checking that for me. At this stage I recommend visiting a Support Centre near you to arrange for an engineer to inspect the device. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

if you're unable to make it to a walk in location that please call Samsung directly on 0330 726 7864 to arrange a courier collection service. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
Uptoeleven
First Poster
Options

The following post contains instructions for resetting / overriding the USB driver - seems to fall over when waking up from sleep mode (charge-only).

It worked for me.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/bgros26334/board/message?board.id=galaxy-a-uk&message.id=1543#M1543

0 Likes
whiskyjack
First Poster
Options
I did what you told us , press volume down and power button together for 10 + seconds , phone restarted and all works OK now 👍