Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S6 EDGE wont work on 3G/4G LTE

(Topic created on: 16-09-2019 11:01 AM)
ValerioK
First Poster
Options

So i've had my S6 edge since 2017,after 6 months something happened out of the blue (i've dropped the phone but there was no damage the day or even week it happened) and the 3G/4G wouldnt work,it acts as if there is no SIM card in it when its on these spesific settings (AUTO 4G/3G/2G, 4G/3G, 3G) anything that dares to have 4G or 3G on it,the phone will act like theres no SIM in it,the mobile data wont work,and when someone calls me,it will say i have my phone turned off.First thing i did is go to the SIM carrier,they reset the phone,reset the APN settings,gave me a new SIM just in case and sent me on my merry way.Rubbish didnt work,so i am here to ask,could this be a hardware failure or should i do something with the software side.I should mention that the screen is cracked,would this be a dangerous repair because of it? 

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options
@ValerioK: If you have reset the phone and changed the SIM and the issue has persisted then there may be an underlying hardware problem. With this in mind I recommend visiting a Samsung Support Centre where an engineer will be able to inspect and repair the device. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/

If there is a crack on your screen then the engineer will need to address this in order to bring the S6 Edge back into warranty, therefore a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. For your peace of mind, any costs will be communicated by the engineer prior to the service going ahead.
0 Likes