Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

My Pattern Lock is not working anymore!

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 04:16 PM)
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

I have a S8  (bought new) for long time, and today, sundely Pattern lock stop working always says "Incorrect Patter Draw". I'm pretty sure I'm doing it correctly, as it is the same I have on other device. Consider this:

• I do have fingerprint working, wich enables me to use the phone for now
  • Can't change any security setting as it also asks for pattern unlock
  • Phone has boot protection also with pattern lock, which may lock me down if phone restarts
  • My screen has an old fissure, but not only it has been always working fine, as I can see pattern being correctly desing on screen as I try to unlock and last, using built in  option (*#0*#) or with test apps, touch screen seems to be with no flaws

I read about similar issues on S7, people saying it did unlock after many trial or after a reboot (which I'm afraid as I also have pattern lock on boot). Why is this happening? How can I overcame it? Is Factory Reset my only option?
63 REPLIES 63
CarlH
Options

Hi @PabloOS. Do you have a Samsung account synced with your phone? If so, take a look at this link which enables you to unlock your phone remotely. Let me know how you get on with this. 

PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

Hi Carl,

I do have account synced, but as I wrote initially, I can enter phone making using of fingerprint sensor., so I'm not blocked for the moment.

But, as soon Ill have to restart it (be that an update or a battert run out), I'l became locked, as it patten unlock  at boot is configured! 😞 Besisdes, daily I'll have to pickup phone to swipe finger on sendor, and not directy on display as I used to do.

And the thing is... I cant change anything, as any change on this area will require a patern unlock first!!

Naktin
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. Perhaps an update has caused this?

Solution
PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

Well, actually @CarlH was correct, although he did not explain completely. But let me go a step back, before giving the conclusion.

After having the pattern not working for 2 days, Finger Print also stopped working, but this time I believe it was security protection that forces you to use your main security option after few usages of other options. At this time I've become completely locked, what to do?

Well, Samsung Account, you are able not only to unlock your phone but ALSO to remove all security protections, making your phone usable by anyone that picks it up. This was actually my solution, but it still had a momentary drawback, as I was completely unable to set any new option to lock the phone (Pin, Pattern, FingerPrint, etc). After 1-2 days and a restart, I could restore my pattern+fingerprint solution working!

0 Likes
mohamed_mohie_
Apprentice
Options

i have the same problem now and i can access samsung account but can't unlock my phone as i get (Can't unlock your phone. Remote unlock is off.)

mohamed_mohie_
Apprentice
Options
problem solved after restart
abdelaziz87
First Poster
Options

how did you fixed your issue regaridng to pattern lock ???

0 Likes
Naktin
Journeyman
Options

I myself actually had to erase all of the data (do a factory reset) through Find My Phone. Good thing I used most of my data in cloud, so I was able to get most of my data back.

I was unable to remove the lock options as I had not enabled it beforehand and I had to enter my template (that was incorrect by default).

After some time, I got completely locked out of my phone (finger print did not work as I was asked to enter the template for 'security measures') and had to go for the factory reset.

PabloOS
Journeyman
Options

As I said above, I had enabled before  all the options for Samsung account, for which, using remote unlock I could at once, unlock phone and remove all security options.