Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I Back-up data remotely

(Topic created on: 04-01-2024 10:04 AM)
Members_PN275rR
Journeyman
Options

My phone got wet and now the touch screen doesn't respond.

Is there a way to access the phone from a PC and back up the phone? Most of what I can find seems to expect you to either install or activate something on the phone which is not possible as the screen is locked, even the fingerprint doesn't work as it wants me to use my lock screen pattern.

Some suggestions say that Samsung's own 'Find My Mobile' will do it. It seems that that option isn't there anymore.

You hear how easy it is to hack phones so I hope there is a method of unlocking the screen and backing-up the phone from my PC.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
SereneH
Options
0 Likes
Members_PN275rR
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the reply but I have seen this page. It suggests Find My Mobile which doesn't seem to have any 'Unlock' or 'Back-up' options unless you know where they are?

Smart Switch wont access the phone unless you unlock it.

0 Likes
Members_PN275rR
Journeyman
Options

Samsung has this page as well '

I smashed my screen and can't use the touchscreen. Is there any way to access my data?

but if you select the FAQ ‘How do I backup and restore data on my galaxy device’ you are taken in a loop back to the first page  - Not very helpful of Samsung!

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung's Find My Mobile is now integrated with Smart Things Find,  Allow This Device to be Found would need to have been selected beforehand,options  also have  last Finding and offline finding selected.    https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/apps/smartthings-find/ 

some information also on the  Smart Things Community https://community.smartthings.com/t/samsung-find-questions/257249 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.